G3-793-78CM G-SYNC Not working properly

Judge_Dredd_3D
Judge_Dredd_3D Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So I noticed G-Sync is not working, there is excessive tearing so I booted in to Safe Mode, unistalled the drivers and proceeded to install the latest drivers 382.53. The issue was still there, didnt matter the 3D settings.

The funny part is that there is no tearing in windowed mode.

Any one else has this issue?

Installed Bios 1.09, games in question BF1, Titanfall 2, Battlefront, PUGS

Best Answer

• Judge_Dredd_3D

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Found the issue, usually you need to set the FPS limiter 2hz under the maximum panel refresh rate. In my case I had to reduce the Limiter 5 fps below to panel refresh rate to fully be Tearing free. Currently running the Panel Oced @ 102Hz but still need to reduce the FPS to 88 to be free of Tearing. So most of the games stay at 88FPS with Acer Turbo enabled. Great Laptop. Now if I could get the sound to not distort avobe 50% Smiley Tongue

Answers

• Judge_Dredd_3D

Tinkerer

Additional info:

Hey, did you have/had any issues with G-Sync while gaming? I have a G9 gtx1070 with 1.09 Bios, removed old drivers with DDU on Safe mode, fresh install with 382.53 drivers... and still Tearing on all games! tried using old drivers no luck. Fast Sync works just fine, v-sync too, but as g-sync is one is a mess. Going window mode seems to not show tearing even if the control panel is set for only full screen g-sync , very frustrating!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Are you running the games at your native resolution?

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Judge_Dredd_3D

Tinkerer

yes, 1080p @ native 75hz, v-sync disablend and g-sync enabled. Using rivatuner to limit the refreshrate at the panels rate.

• ven98

Ok. What fps your games run at?

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Judge_Dredd_3D

Tinkerer

never go past the 75fps due to the fps limiter, if rivatuner is disbaled the fps will go avobe 75 and cause tearing

• ven98

Have you had this problem before? 

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Judge_Dredd_3D

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Found the issue, usually you need to set the FPS limiter 2hz under the maximum panel refresh rate. In my case I had to reduce the Limiter 5 fps below to panel refresh rate to fully be Tearing free. Currently running the Panel Oced @ 102Hz but still need to reduce the FPS to 88 to be free of Tearing. So most of the games stay at 88FPS with Acer Turbo enabled. Great Laptop. Now if I could get the sound to not distort avobe 50% Smiley Tongue