Acer Aspire V5-573 major problem with Intel Family Grpahic Driver

Shaghin
Shaghin Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi guys,

I have a problem with intel graphic driver.

When i install the graphic driver from acer official website or auto update within windows 10,

The screen goes black and am unable to do anything.
I go to recovery i disable the driver, then all works fine except the brightness is full.

Help me fix this. Smiley Sad

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Have you tried letting Win10's Device Mgr automatically search for the best graphics driver? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

Yes, i have done that, the moment the driver starts to install, the screen goes black.

• JackE

Did you try to update due to an issue with the old driver? Jack E/NJ

PS: Does the screen go black and nothing else happens even if you wait 15 or so minutes? 

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

I tried to update after i face the problem, i also tried to install older driver but nothing works.

Yes, the screen goes black. I tried leaving it for an hour or so. I tried to force shut down by pressing the power button. When i turn back on, the acer logo pops up and the windows 10 loading animation comes up. After that, the screen is black but i can hear the windows statup sound.

• JackE

>>>When i turn back on, the acer logo pops up and the windows 10 loading animation comes up. >>>

>>>I go to recovery i disable the driver,>>>

Your hardware seems to be OK. What was the factory-installed Windows version? And how did you do the recovery to disable driver the if the screen was black? ALT+F10 boot erecovery? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

Yes exactly, my hardware seems okay. I am using window 10 pro version (fresh installed). i boot to recovery by booting from my usb with windows 10.
    I press on repair and it takes me to the recovery options.

In the recovery options, i got something call recovery tools (not sure about the name of it).

In there i go to services>>driver>>igfx right click on it, properties and hit on disable.

Then i get to boot in to windows like normal, except the brightness is full.

OR

I enter to safe mode and disable the intel driver and restart.
    Same thing happens, the screen is at full brightness.

The moment i try to enable the intel driver within windows, the screen goes black.

My intel and also nvdia graphic drivers are up to date.

• JackE

What was the factory-installed Windows version?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

Windows 8 home single language.

• JackE

>>>Windows 8 home >>>

Did Win10 reject trying to install the Win8 drivers? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

No, it does not reject but the same problem occurs when i install the driver. The screen just goes black. Smiley Sad

• JackE

What about the Win8.1 driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

I have tried that too, the only thing happens is that, the screen goes black and i hear the device removal sound.

I tried reformating, and the same problem occurs again when windows update start to install the intel family driver.

• JackE

Two questions. (1) Did the Intel Graphics card always work properly with Win8?  (2)Did  it ***ever*** work properly with Win10? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

When i was using windows 8, there was no problem.

I used windows 10 for few months and suddenly the problem started.

• JackE

OK. I'm gonna guess it's due to a major Win10 update. Probably creators. Did you first happen to notice this graphics issue about a month or so ago? If yes, search Control Panel for the earliest restore point you can find that WinUpdate should have automatically made. Unfortunately, Win10 restore points don't go very far back. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

Yes maybe that's the case. For now, the driver suddenly works, i have no idea why. So am not going to shut down my laptop. I just use it and sleep instead of shut down. Thank you. Smiley Happy

• JackE

Great! It may be due to a recent WinUpdate that corrected that particular issue. Or maybe not. Hope it's a permanent fix for you because you'll be shutting it off eventually. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Shaghin

Tinkerer

I got the solution, i changed the advance power option settings.

Under intel graphic settings, Intel graphic power plan.

I changed for both on battery and plugged in to maximum performance. It works fine now.

Capture.PNG

• JackE

Great! Good for you! Glad you solved the issue. Thanks for letting us know. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ