ES15 TOUCH PAD PROBLEMS

Caz1976
Caz1976 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, 

I purchased an Aspire ES15 Laptop at Xmas, and I keep having a recurring issue with the mouse pad.  It will work finefor a short time, and then half way through working it just goes mental, opening and closing documents, chaging the zoom on the screen, and then not allowing me to close anything, andIend up having to shut down and restart the laptop.

Total Nightmare!!! Anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

ES15 isn't a model number. I will need a model number.

• Caz1976
    Hi,
    Ok sorry I shall look for that and let you know. Thanks
  • Caz1976

Hi

Apologies for only just getting back to you, I now have the info you require.#

S/N - [edited for privacy]

SNID - [edited for privacy]

I hope that this helps and look forward to receiving response.

Thanks

Carrie

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

On the bottom of the laptop, there should be a tag. On it there should be a number similar to this, Es1-512-C88m or E5-532-C7K4. This would be the model number. The numbers you sent are the serial number and SNID.

• Ashleyann0402
    Ashleyann0402 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Acer Community I just recently encountered  a problem with my touchpad mouse as soon as my computer did a windows update my mouse just dissapeared.I already tried pressing Fn+F7 and I also checked to see if my mouse was listed in the device manager and it isnt there. Please HELP!!!!  My S/N number is -NXMVXAA011***  Im not sure which driver to download if anyone can assist me I would  greatly appreciate the prompt reply. 

Ashleyann0402

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• TeessideTim
    TeessideTim Member Posts: 3 New User

I have exactly the same issue - works fine for a while then uncontrollable. Completly unbearable when I'm trying to finish a key piece of work :-(  The intermittent nature of the problem means it is difficult to demontrate/replicate to the store.

Model is ES1-531-P5SA

Any advice woudl be greatly appreciated

• Caz1976
    Hi There

I had to download updated drivers for the mousepad and reinstall these in order to rectify this issues. In total I have had to install them 3 times, to date it has worked well, however after saying this it will likely mess up!!!

Hope this helps.
    Thanks