Aspire v17 Nitro VN7-791G Fn key not working.

APECTOS
APECTOS Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, i own a Aspire V 17 Nitro Black Edition for about 6 months now and the last few days the function key is not working. It is running the Windows 8.1 64-bit. None of the function keys isn't working for sound,brightness,mute,play-pause,airplane mode keyboard backlight etc. Please if you have any idea what's going on advise me on how to fix this problem. Thanks.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Re-install Acer Launch Manager for Windows 8.1 64-bit:

LaunchManagerAcerLaunch Manager8.00.811111.8 MB2015/01/15Download
    France
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I don't think that it has anything to to with the Launch manager to be honest. Because the key combinations work also outside of windows (aka you can turn off the backlight of the keyboard even if you don't have windows running).

Are you able to turn on/off the backlight of the keyboard immediately after you start the notebook with the correct key combination?

Did you open your notebook recently? Because the keyboard flex cable is the first thing which you remove when you want to open up the cover. If yes try to reconnect the cable again. If not it can be keyboard problem.

• Sniper_X7
    Sniper_X7 Member Posts: 2 New User

hi please i have the same problem in my laptop aspire v7 nitro

i can turn on/off the backlight of the keyboard but no think eals

i cant make volume up or down

• APECTOS
    APECTOS Member Posts: 2 New User

As my original problem stated above, i contacted Acer Authorised Service Center in Greece and i was instructed to update my BIOS firmware. The whole problem became from the incompatibility after some Windows updates were installed.

The solution is tricky but easy, just search your product in the Acer's drivers download page(link below):

https://www.acer.com/ac/el/GR/content/drivers

Simply search by serial number or SNID and download and install the updated BIOS firmware.

Please be carefull to be sure that this is the source of the problem, first contact your local Acer Customer Service and talk to them about your problem and a good answer.

Thanks.

• Sniper_X7
    Sniper_X7 Member Posts: 2 New User

woooooooooo

you are awesome man

its work now

thank you very much