Acer ES1-332-C5E1 - SDD Upgrade

ersansevinc
ersansevinc Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to buy an Acer ES-332-C5E1, however, I couldn't find any information about whether I can upgrade its SSD or not. It is said that it had only 32GB SSD, but we don't know if it's SSD or EMMC. As you all might know, due to the product codes, all the specifications change. If you have an idea or information, please let me know it.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi Ersan,

Now I can give you the informations. Here are the parts needed:

Spoiler
    50.GFZN7.004HDD.CABLE
    33.GG2N7.003HDD.BRACKET
    86.M8NN7.001SCREW.M2.0X3.0.PH (Qty=4 - To fix bracket/plate)
    86.SYZD7.001SCREW.M3.0x3.0.PH (Qty=4 - To fix HDD/bracket)

Note:

• PH means Philips
    • The height of the original HDDs is 7mm.

Here is the result:

LT-AES1-332-HM

France

Answers

• Hello,

It is an eMMC of 32Gb soldered on the motherboard.

France
  • ersansevinc

Tinkerer

Hello,

Do you have this product? If it only includes an eMMC, does it have an Sata3 port? Can I insert a SSD into it?

Thank you very much for your attention!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi Ersan,

Now I can give you the informations. Here are the parts needed:

Spoiler
    50.GFZN7.004HDD.CABLE
    33.GG2N7.003HDD.BRACKET
    86.M8NN7.001SCREW.M2.0X3.0.PH (Qty=4 - To fix bracket/plate)
    86.SYZD7.001SCREW.M3.0x3.0.PH (Qty=4 - To fix HDD/bracket)

Note:

• PH means Philips
    • The height of the original HDDs is 7mm.

Here is the result:

LT-AES1-332-HM

France
  • ersansevinc

Tinkerer

Thank you very much for your helps!

You totally illuminated me.

I hope that you can also share some compatible ram choices for those who would like to upgrade so that everybody who are looking for a solution can use these information without interrupting anyone else.
  • You're welcome. Smiley Happy First you'll have to check if your motherboard is equipped with a HDD socket. I'm 99% sure but ...

Yes I will be able to give you informations for a memory upgrade too.

France
  • ersansevinc

Tinkerer

Hello,

Today I received the package, so the notebook as well. I quickly checked the bottom case whether it has a Sata Port or not and I saw that it has. So I can manage to add an SSD with the information that you gave me. However, there was something that made me surprised. This notebook didn't have a RAM which was put into the slot, though it has 2GB DDR3 1600Mhz which is probably onboard. Now the question is, if I add more 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz, would it be a problem? 

Some details:

SN: NXGGKEY001***********

SNID: *************

Thanks in advance.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Will only support 8gb total. Thought I've seen on forum several times the one ram slot can use a 4gb giving you 6gb total ram. Have not seen a 6gb size stick in years (ddr3 days). I can not say if the 8gb stick would work (for total 8gb) tossing the extra 2gb aside.

• Hi Ersan,

Good news!Smiley Happy This model supports up to 6Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2Gb onboard + 1x4Gb) because the modules of 6Gb don't exist. You can install this memory module of 4Gb:

• Kingston (same specifications than ES1-332).
    France
  • ersansevinc

Tinkerer

Hello,

I have been looking for the parts that I needed to insert the SSD, however, I can't find any of them in Turkey. I've called Acer Turkey many times but they told me that these parts are imported from abroad and they cannot bring it because they don't use them in Turkey. This is something really ridiculous because when I asked them that If I cannot get the parts from official service, then where can I get? They replied that they couldn't do anything else, I should get them abroad or unofficial service If I want to get them. That was really weird for me. So do you have any recommendations for this issue? Where can I get these parts?

Best regards
  • Hello,

You should try from this reseller. Unfortunately the French online shops don't ship to your country. Smiley Frustrated

France
  • drumbanger
    drumbanger Member Posts: 4 New User

laurent_14 thanks for replies at first. i also bought the same notebook just this week and i would love to add some space into this one. question is; what's the cable you used at the picture on the right? i couldn't quite figure it out actually. do you assemble the cable and the connector yourself or is it just one thing combined?

about fixing a drive onto that bay; i saw someone used duct tape to make it still on another forum. i don't quite know where, i've been onto several websites to figure this thing out.

also, do you know if this motherboard supports sata3?

thanks.

• Hi drumbanger,

• If you expand the spoiler contained in my reply, you'll find all informations needed regarding the parts. The HDD cable is an assemblied part so a full part.
    • About duct tape, I don't "work" like this so no comments.
    • Do you know if this motherboard supports sata3? I await confirmation.
    France
  • drumbanger
    drumbanger Member Posts: 4 New User

Unfortunately, when i search with that product code i've come up with zero results for my country though. I don't know if that specific cable is needed to plug a HDD/SSD in but i would love to hear you out if there are any other practical solutions. I went through 50 local shops over Istanbul and none of them have a cable like that.