ATC-780 Ethernet Driver for Win7?

asecmt
asecmt Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

ATC-780 i7-6700 3.40 GHz 16 GB DDR4-2133 WIN10-64

needing a little help here please, if there is any. wanting to install SSD drive. not having any issue there. wanting to install windows 7, unable to find an ethernet driver, and possibly any windows 7 driver(s) to do this. wanting to possibly dual boot this

pc. windows 10 and windows 7(not willing to let go of it just yet)

i know i will no doubt need more than just the ethernet drivers, but this will at least allow me to use win update and other resources to locate all others

is there anyone that could possibly lend me any help? would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• asecmt

Tinkerer

Will give it a try tonight. Thank you
  • asecmt

Tinkerer

thank you, this fixed the ethernet issue, now onto the hunt for other drivers!

• asecmt

Tinkerer

so, i successfuly updated all drivers but 2

a network driver, and i am assuming it is wireless due to the fact i am currently online thru ethernet controller and bluetooth is working. so would you know where i could find this wireless driver?

and finally an "unknown device" driver, how would i go about finding what this device is?

• asecmt

Tinkerer

found the wireless driver... now how to figure out this unkown device

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • asecmt

Tinkerer

got it figured out, it waqs the Intel® Management Engine driver

followed the instructions i found here

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23091

and was able to resolve my issues. now running windows 7 on standard ssd drive, not the M2 ssd (had to change BIOS to run in legacy mode) and running great!

next is to max out the ram to 32gb and a video card and all is sweet

• asecmt

Tinkerer

actually i did what you said a couple of hours before your suggestion, but put it into google and did a search, thats how i found out how to resolve driver issue . but i really do appreciate all the help you gave.

THANK YOU!!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Inds
    Inds Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

That ethernet link doesn't work for me, can someone reupload it on another link? I have same issue as OP.