Aspire tc-605 bios fail (another one)

sala
sala Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I would've added onto one of the other threads, but I recall there being a lot of 'start a new thread', so I'm doin that.

So I used the wingui.exe to update my bios from P11.A2 to P11.B4 .  Seemed to work, and the bios booted and and showed as P11.B4 . Exited the bios, and then the machine did the infamous long beep. Now, even when EVERYTHING is unnplugged from the board (except the PS of course), it beeps right on power button press. Sometimes it won't power back up until I unplug it and let alone for a minute. Tried all the usb stick stuff in the other threads. No go. The usb ports have power, as my phone will charge from them.

This machine has been such a suck, I'll just replace the whole thing instead of messing about with the bios chip. However, if there's some software trick or something, I'm game. Any wisdom out there?

Answers

• sala
    sala Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried memory from another machine - same model, same type of memory - and still no. No-thing is happening. No keyboard lights at all. Does that mean the mobo's dead?

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

I only have hindsight wisdom for you.  There was a README PDF file that you were supposed to read and follow the instructions.  If you used wingui.exe, that means you didn't read or follow the instructions in that README pdf file.

If you didn't understand something in the README pdf file, you could have just asked here on this forum.

readme2.png

I'm not an Acer employee.