Acer aspire 5738ZG: cannot boot from ssd

Evelyn_Bi
Evelyn_Bi Member Posts: 4 New User
editado outubro 2023 em Arquivo de 2020

Hello!

I have a problem with installing an ssd to my laptop.

I own an Acer aspire 5738ZG ( Model Name: AS5738ZG | Part Number: LX.PF202.002 ) laptop. After I installed it in my laptop (it was done correctly), I moved forward to install Windows. I selected the advanced drive option in order to format the ssd (because it was unallocated space) and I got the following messageQ

"windows cannot be installed to this disk. this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu."

So I searched for solutions and, because I saw that many others had similar ploblem when installing a ssd, I assumed that it can be fixed.

I tried to install it with the sata drive option AHCI and then IDE and then AHCI again. I tried to create a promary partition with DISKPART in cmd. I even tried a command "convert to gpt" (I don't even know what it means or does - it was suggested in some articles). hen I called the shop I bought the ssd for technical support. They checked the disk (it is fine), they installed windows 10 to the ssd and told me to update the BIOS and call ACER for support. I downloaded the updates from the ACER support page (https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/1122?b=1&pn=LX.PF202.002), so I updated the BIOS to the latest version and the SATA ACHI driver. None of the above worked. It still doesn't boot fron the ssd.

I had noticed that it doesn't recognize the ssd in the boot menu in the BIOS (either before the BIOS update or after).

Is there a problem with the drivers or something or the ssd isn't actually supported by this model?

Thank you in advance!

(I am sorry for any wrong expressions etc, English is not my native language!)

Respostas

Esta discussão está fechada.