Please help. Installed a new ssd on my Aspire ES1-512 and now I can get on the internet.

Options
tshaw
tshaw Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Aspire ES1-512 I just installed a new ssd and now I can get on internet. No available networks found. I've go the old hdd hooked up via usb. What do I need to look for in order to get wifi back?  PLEASE help me.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

First of all, please check whether it's switched On, it might have switched Off by accident, Settings, Network&Internet, Wifi.

In device manager, expand Network adapters, right click your card, select Properties, uninstall in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver. HTH

Untitled.jpg

• tshaw
    Options

There is no network apapter listed in device mangager. I'm missing network controller, assuming because there are the yellow triangles. In settings, as you suggested, all I see is for an ethernet and vpn.  I hope how I am trying to convey to you in making sense.  This laptop belong to a family member, an almost to be a teenager, and it was riddled with viruses.  I was trying to help by putting a ssd in it and never dreamed that this would turn out to be a nightmare. I tried calling Acer for help and as soon as chat say my question they would hang up. I have searched and on google for the wlan drivers and just can't seem to find them.  Thank you brummyfan for trying to help me.

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

You could download the driver from here for your OS:https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/5611?b=1

You could also try right clicking the yellow tringle and update the driver. Which OS are you running? 

What is the make and model of the adapter?

• tshaw
    Options

Thank you for your help. I spent $29 for a program and it's working now.  I have spent so much time on this and now money.  Than again for your time.

• brummyfan2
    Options

You are welcome, glad you got it sortedSmiley Very Happy