Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Crucial says its 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM is compatible. Acer's manual says I need 2 modules.

Crucial's 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM is compatible, according to their website. Acer's manual says that I need 2 2GB modules. Who's correct?

FAQ & Answers

• Hello,

1. What model do you own exactly?
    2. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

• jimbevanjimbevan Posts: 4Member

DQSKTAL003

It's an Acer Aspire Z1650. It currently has 2GB ram in it.

So I opened it up, there were two memory slots but only one stick, a 2GB which I replaced with the Crucial 4GB. I now have 4GB-2GB usable (its a Windows 7 Starter 32bit machine). I'm not going to try to update the BIOS on this Spanish-language computer without some knowledgable assistance, but it seems somewhat faster anyways.

• Hello,

Sorry for the delay but Windows 7 Starter supports up to 2Gb of memory.

PS: You had made a mistake about the first ten characters: DQSKTAL003 instead of DQSK7AL003