Acer Aspire ZC102 wireless connection problem - windows 10

johnnyaa
johnnyaa Member Posts: 14 New User

I'm trying to hook up some wireless headphones using bluetooth but when I access DEVICES, bluetooth is nowhere to be found on the list.  Do I need to download a bluetooth driver/program?

Answers

• Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • johnnyaa

Thanks for the quick reply!  The first serial numbers are actually mostly letters.  Let me know if you need more.

DQSPRAA001.

Let me add to my post that when I access DEVICE MGR.  the Bluetooth icon is there and labeled BLUETOOTH USB.  When I click on it, BLUESOLEIL GENERIC BLUETOOTH DRIVER comes up.  I then have an option to update this which I have done.  When I access CONNECTED DEVICES Bluetooth does not come up in the list.

If I can't fix this would a Bluetooth plug-in jack solve the problem?  Thanks again!

• Hello,

Thanks for the informations.

Could you do this:

• Uninstall the generic driver from Device Manager
    • Once done, right click on this device, click Properties, click Details tab, select Hardware Ids
    • Copy and past here the first line of the Value field

• Only check the version of Wlan driver and post it here
      You should have Atheros AR9462
    France
  • johnnyaa

OK!  I have uninstalled the generic Bluetooth driver and now I have no Bluetooth entry under DEVICES.  You say to right click on "this device".  What do you mean by "this device"?  I'm in DEVICE MANAGER but what device are you referring to?  Thanks again!

• Do you see Other devices in Device Manager? If yes, expand it.

France
  • johnnyaa

There are several devices listed in DEVICE MGR ranging from "Audio Inputs & Outputs" to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".  I'm not sure what you mean by "expand".  Expand What & How?  Sorry, I'm not a very computer savvy person.  Thanks again!

• Hello,

Could you post here a screenshot of your Device Manager?

France
  • johnnyaa
  • johnnyaa

As you can see, the Bluetooth device in DEVICE MGR which I had uninstalled per your instruction is now back on the list.

• ... A picture is better than a long speech so Smiley Happy:

Image_1.jpg

France
  • johnnyaa

Here's what I'm getting under HARDWARE IDS:  USB\VID_04CA&PID_3006&REV_0001.

Now where am I pasting this?  Thanks again!

• Hello,

Q: Now where am I pasting this?

A: Nowhere. I needed this information to help you.

Could you post here:

• A screenshot of Device Manager showing Bluetooth USB expanded as to the left of my picture.
    • A screenshot of the Properties window showing the Driver tab.

Thanks. Smiley Happy

France
  • johnnyaa
  • Hello,

You wrote:

"As you can see, the Bluetooth device in DEVICE MGR which I had uninstalled per your instruction is now back on the list."

• Uninstall the BlueSoleil Generic Bluetooth Driver from Device Manager and on the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Normally when you'll restart your computer, Windows should not reinstall this "bad" driver.

While waiting your feedback, I'll prepare a folder containing the correct driver (I hope Smiley Happy).
    France
  • johnnyaa

OK I've uninstalled the Bluesoleil Driver and checked off the Confirm Device Removal Box before the uninstall.  I don't see anywhere that gives me an option to Delete the Driver Software For This Device.  In any case I went ahead and did a restart and this is what I wound up with.  Can you show me exactly where this Delete Software option is because it's not coming up after the uninstall.  Thanks!

Blue3.JPG

• johnnyaa

One other thing.  If you have me do another uninstall, do I have to uninstall all of the three Bluetooth devices that expanded?

• Hello,

Q: If you have me do another uninstall, do I have to uninstall all of the three Bluetooth devices that expanded?

A: Nooo! Wait.

About the Bluetooth USB Module, could you post here a screenshot of the Properties window showing the Driver tab.

France
  • johnnyaa

Hello again!  Here's what you requested.  Thanks!

blue4.JPG

• Hello,

1. Have you done a test in this state?
    2. Do you have a BlueSoleil or IVT... application located in Programs and features?
    3. Does the Hardware Ids is the same?

PS: I prefer to see this Atheros driver.Smiley Happy

France
  • johnnyaa

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about when you ask, "Have you done a test in this state."

I do not have Bluesoleil or IVT in any programs. 

What Hardware Ids are you asking about?

How do I show you the Atheros driver?

I don't want to waste your time.  Can you tell me if a Bluetooth plugin will solve this problem?  Thanks again!