Acer Aspire E1-731 drivers

BigBankClub
BigBankClub Member Posts: 3 New User

I have flushed Windows 10 and have gone back to Win 7. This was based on several legacy programs that I need to run and Win 10 did not work.

So I downloaded the drivers from the Acer site and I'm stumped. I can't get the LAN driver or any driver work or installed?? What am I missing here, I'm getting all sorts of prompts saying not compitable and so on... Any soultions?

Best Answer

• BigBankClub
    Answer ✓

The best news ever!! Well for this Laptop that is...

I spent the day looking for drivers and located every driver I need. Took a while and some trial and error and finally got them. The ones available on the Acer download section all failed for my model. 

I had to change the BIOS to Legacy to prevent the Windows 7 Hang on install. I bought a copy of Win 7 and finally had a chance to use it.

The BIOS was locked - had to figure that out and managed to unlock it and turn off the TMP. Then I was good to go.

Flushed the OS (Bye to Windows 10 // I spent the week-end with Win 10 for the 1ST time and I doubt I'll ever go back) and managed to make the look and feel the way I need it for my development environment. Works FASTER and more efficient. 

I bought 4 of these laptops and will now flush Win 10 and install a copy of Win 7. As Win 7 is going for a great price now...

I read some of the posts in the form and figured out how to locate all the drivers and did it!!

This one is SOLVED!! If you're looking to switch back to WIn 7 - it's not that hard!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

How did you go back to Windows 7? Did you use Recovery or clean install from a disk? Is your Windows 7 install 64bit?

Right click on My Computer and see if your system is 64 bits.

• BigBankClub
    Answer ✓

The best news ever!! Well for this Laptop that is...

I spent the day looking for drivers and located every driver I need. Took a while and some trial and error and finally got them. The ones available on the Acer download section all failed for my model. 

I had to change the BIOS to Legacy to prevent the Windows 7 Hang on install. I bought a copy of Win 7 and finally had a chance to use it.

The BIOS was locked - had to figure that out and managed to unlock it and turn off the TMP. Then I was good to go.

Flushed the OS (Bye to Windows 10 // I spent the week-end with Win 10 for the 1ST time and I doubt I'll ever go back) and managed to make the look and feel the way I need it for my development environment. Works FASTER and more efficient. 

I bought 4 of these laptops and will now flush Win 10 and install a copy of Win 7. As Win 7 is going for a great price now...

I read some of the posts in the form and figured out how to locate all the drivers and did it!!

This one is SOLVED!! If you're looking to switch back to WIn 7 - it's not that hard!

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Good job. Where are you getting a good deal on Windows 7?

Windows 7 looses MS support in 3 more years.

• BigBankClub

$50 for Win 7 Pro and the support makes no difference to me. I still use Win XP on the machine I'm typing on now and Chrome is working on it now and FireFox; but I use it for Legacy Software and also my Ham Radio Software. I do a lot of Weather Monitoring and Windows XP fits the bill or I run Linux Smiley Wink

The image is Weather FAX running on Windows XP Smiley Wink

Weather FAX