Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire S 13 S5-371 bios 1.06

Has anyone had an issue with the bios update 1.06? Ever since I updated it from 1.05, it just constantly reboots. I keep getting bsod like memory manager issues and corrupt drivers.

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-KarpAcer-Karp Posts: 2,050Acer Crew Acer Crew

When updating the BIOS you have to make sure you download the correct BIOS for your specific product and use the following steps in the given order. Installing an incorrect BIOS update may cause serious damage to your computer system. Any failure due to incorrect use of these updates is at own risk.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15798/related/1

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, [email protected].
  • ruthlessnezzruthlessnezz Posts: 2Member
    Aspire S5-371

Category Vendor Description Version Size Date  
    BIOS Acer 1. Resolve "Intel Display Audio" device lost when S3 resume for new VGA [...] 1.06 15.5 MB 2016/10/11 Download
    BIOS Acer Improve system performance 1.05 15.5 MB 2016/08/23 Download
    BIOS Acer Enhance the system POST time for fingerprint SKU 1.03 5.9 MB 2016/08/02 Download

Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer Product. Please proceed with caution.

This is exactly the laptop I had and the page I downloaded the bios and all other updates from. I'm sure I did everything right. The adapter was plugged into the laptop, and that's on a UPS power supply so it didn't run out of power. I updated to 1.05 perfectly fine. So I really don't know what happened.

[edited for clarity]