Intel Dual Band 7260 Wifi Adapter Problem

YahikoZen
YahikoZen Member Posts: 7 New User
Hi. I recently upgraded my windows to anniversary version last week and after several hours I notice that there's something about my wifi connectivity. I am 10 meters away from the router but the wifi indicator at the right bottom show full bar but my connection still very slow and it should be only 2 bar like before. After several munites of connectivity it disconnects itself and when I tried to connect it again it says that can't connect to this network sometimes no network found. I restarted my pc to and it connects again and disconnects again after 5 minuntes. Help me do dome something about this..

Best Answer

• YahikoZen
    Answer ✓

Hey, I found the solution to my problem I've waited for 5 hours to see  if the problem is still persist but it didn't,  Before I upgrade my pc to Anniversary updates,it just come to my mind and I remembered, I've downloaded a driver in www.driverscape.com for my pc that was intended to update my keyboard driver but it was for the physical switching of radio on/off of the pc wireless connection. It was the  Radio Controller Driver. When I remebered it. I immediately went to Device Manager --> Human Interface Devices --> Find the Radio Controller --> right click properties --> Goto Power Management --> Unchecked allow this device to save power... That's it. Your wifi will not disconnect any more by itself.. The only problem left is that the wifi indicator still not showing a good accurate range of wifi signal but its ok I just have to wait for another updates from microsoft to officially fix the problem.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Which driver version are you using?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • YahikoZen

My driver version is 18.33.3.2 , the latest one I guess.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

I'll take a look when I get home this weekend. I had tried a number of tweaks before the latest driver update, but with no change until this latest version.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • YahikoZen

No further available solution then??

• YahikoZen
    Answer ✓

Hey, I found the solution to my problem I've waited for 5 hours to see  if the problem is still persist but it didn't,  Before I upgrade my pc to Anniversary updates,it just come to my mind and I remembered, I've downloaded a driver in www.driverscape.com for my pc that was intended to update my keyboard driver but it was for the physical switching of radio on/off of the pc wireless connection. It was the  Radio Controller Driver. When I remebered it. I immediately went to Device Manager --> Human Interface Devices --> Find the Radio Controller --> right click properties --> Goto Power Management --> Unchecked allow this device to save power... That's it. Your wifi will not disconnect any more by itself.. The only problem left is that the wifi indicator still not showing a good accurate range of wifi signal but its ok I just have to wait for another updates from microsoft to officially fix the problem.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Just a comment: "power management" checkboxes can be found in several more places in device manager: e.g. Bluetooth>Bluetooth USB device & HID>Wireless Launch Manager.  These also could affect Wireless.