Bluetooth does not work on XC-603 desktop after windows 10 upgrade

dlhanon
dlhanon Member Posts: 1 New User

I am very inexperienced.  After upgrading to windows 10 on Friday (last day)  I now see on the notifications that under COMPATIBILITY  it lists Qualcomm Bluetooth Suite  as unavailable (so I assume my bluetooth will not work).   I cannot refind an earlier message I read  with a list of Acer machines that qualified (mine did)   for some kind of  update?   I seem to remember that somewhere it said to  " update Bios"  first before upgrade to windows 10....>  but windows 10 compatibility said nothing about my bluetooth and  isn't updating the BIOS something that Acer should on its own if it is necessary?  I find this scary and have no idea what or even how to do a BIOS update if it is necessary?  Pleeeeez help! ( Oh... one last thing if important... I log in to my computer with windows account (not ACER >  I couldn't figure out the whole apps thing   and my son figured out how to get an older style start page when I had the 8.1 )   I hope someone here can give me very specific instructions on how to get my bluetooth back working?  Thank you ever so much for any help Smiley Happy

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Go to http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and input your model. Be sure you have XC-603 and not XC-603G (there are two models out there).

Then you can download the BIOS files and also in the driver section you can download the bluetooth file and see if it will help you. There is nothing dangerous to upgrade your BIOS. Unless you pull the computer from the wall socket during the upgrade processSmiley Happy

If you have XC-603 (not XC-603G) you can download the BIOS and the bluetooth driver below:

BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver10.0.1.059.1 MB2015/07/28Download
    BIOSAcerChange Setup default setting to meet Non-Windows BIOS request.P11.B4L3.1 MB2015/11/11Download
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

@dlhanon

During the Windows 10 upgrade process, Microsoft removes the "Bluetooth Suite" software, but the bluetooth driver should still work fine.  And your bluetooth should still work fine.

bluetooth605.PNG

@Sharky25k

the "L" BIOS/UEFI versions are for computers that came pre-installed with Linux (Linpus)......so I don't think that BIOS version is for his computer.  Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.