Acer Aspire V3 571G - windows 10, drivers not supported.

Exie_
Exie_ Member Posts: 25

Tinkerer

Hello everybody,

i have a question. I have notebook Acer Aspire V3 571G and today i installed Windows 10(original), key from Windows 7 but i didn't know that Acer has not given drivers/support for V3-571G. What is the best solution? Going back to Windows 7 or stay? I don't have drivers for Windows 10 on V3 -571G.... I have a small problem with LAN(off,on,etc.)...I can install drivers from Windows 8.1/8... from acer It's a good idea?

So tell me please ur advice....

Good luck...

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Try what you can and if nothing works, go back to Win 7.

• Exie_

Tinkerer

Can I download drivers from model Acer Aspire V3 572/G, or from Acer Aspire V3 571G(my own) and drivers from Windows 8/8.1.... What u suggest? 

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

You could try the drivers for windows 8/8.1 from your model not the 572G. But from my personal experience (not on your notebook through) I had issues with the w8 drivers on w10.

I see that you mentioned just the lan driver issue.

Just in case I will tell you that for some specific drivers, like for example if you have an intel graphics driver, or Nvidia graphics card, check the manufacturers site for these drivers.

Eg intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+

Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

• Exie_

Tinkerer

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-V3-571-Windows-10-Update-Issue/td-p/374595

look..... They reccomended to download drivers (LAN,WIRELESS,AUDIO) from model Aspire V3 572 and of course VGA,intel from Aspire V3 571G(my own) from Windows 8/8.1 drivers except update bios..

• sharky25k

Hi,

I don't know the configuration of the two notebooks but to a certain degree the manufacturers are written on the web page with the drivers.

Probably for audio you can use the 572G driver, since both are Realtek. For VGA I still recommend you to download the drivers from intel and Nvidia web pages (as mentioned above), not from acer drivers page (no matter which notebook model)

For your touchpad the manufacturers are the same for the two notebooks, so probably the driver from 572G would work. (please remember the same manufacturer does not mean exactly the same device!!).

However, if any of the drivers which you will download from 572G will not be compatible with your PC they will not be installed, they will give an error. Also it could be that the wireless card is the same on both notebooks (to a certain degree the manufacturers match) so you can try the drivers from 572G.

I did not see any LAN driver for the 571G so I don't know what to say about the LAN card.

The BIOS for sure will not work, and even if you would try to update the BIOS from 572G to 571G it would not update.

The decision should be made by you based on what configuration you have on your 571G(nobody can guess it) and if your drivers are the same as in 572G. If the drivers match, then yes I would recommend to download from 572G since it has w10 drivers. But, this would work if the drivers are the same.

• Exie_

Tinkerer

Thanks.

Finally: Now differently. Honestly, without debate, tell me this.... I have Acer Aspire V3 571G, not supported drivers for my model on Windows 10 anymore. What do you think? Honestly... Should I stay on Windows 10 where I do not have support drivers, nothing or should I go back on Windows 7, which is supported by by the manufacturer. Windows 7 has support to 2020. It's a long time. I have notebook 3 years and I doubt that I will have next four years. I don't know.

If you are thinking rationally about advantages / disadvantages, price, support drivers + from MS, functionality / news, espionage (but when people click on  express settings in install and who care. 300 milion people and who care about ur information... Smiley Very Happy , unfortunately) and etc.....what would you like to choose? Tell me honestly, truthly.....

Thanks and that's all..
  • sharky25k

Hi,

Well, it's quite a difficult question in my opinion and the answer, is it depends.

I am a W10 user, and I like the OS (yes many people complain about the data collection, but google does the same on android and nobody bats on eye, microsoft does it on windows and everybody loses their minds). Many features regarding data collection can be disabled, even you can use local account thus the data is not connected to any online account (aka microsoft account). If I would need to make the decision I would keep w10 if I would have all the drivers working as expected without any issues. Otherwise I would just switch back to windows 7. It's just annoying to have driver issues and sit everyday trying to fix them.

So if you manage to make all the drivers work in w10 and you like the OS I would recommend to keep it, but this is up to you.

I have w10 OS on my Aspire 5742Z (my old notebook from 2011) and it works perfectly, I don't have any driver issues or anything else. Actually this notebook is currently my daily driver, since my V15 nitro is in service.

PS: Obviously, the 5742Z is not supported by acer for W10.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you can't find all the drivers and you will be happy on Windows 7, go back.