AOD257 freeze and buzzing while watching videos

carlos8
carlos8 Member Posts: 37

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi, as the tittle say, the little d257 don't want to work in videos I.E. Netflix or youtube, she starts the video but sudenly freezes and buzzing sound on the headphones. The only way is to turn it OFF in the power button ans start it again. Sometimes Youtube works a few minutes, netflix normally a few seconds, The issue don't affect the internet browsing, i can use the internet all day even play low level games.

2GB memory module upgrade.

Fan and vents cleaned

Updated chipset

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Did it ever play videos without freezing? If so, you may try a system restore to see if that helps. If you are unable to do a system restore, you could try removing programs that are running to free up resources to see if that helps. Other than that, my best suggestion would be to try to reload Windows, to see how it performs on that machine with a clean load of Windows.

• reggaebreast
    reggaebreast Member Posts: 2 New User

i am having the same problem and its been months i have getting really fed up of turning it off and on the freezing have been getting more frequent have there not been a fix for this yet????

help

totally frustrated

• reggaebreast
    reggaebreast Member Posts: 2 New User

did all you suggestions worked for a couple hours then its the same thing

• topcat7736
    topcat7736 Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    The freezing problem is the Intel wifi chipset doesn't function when transferring large amounts of data and will freeze the machine. Go to Amazon and pickup a cheap USB wifi bud, plug it in, turn off the internal port and your problems will be gone. (You only have USB 2.0 ports so don't bother getting an AC adapter because the port speed is too low. Get a cheaper BGN type which will work with your machine like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Wireless-adapter-Dongle-150Mbps/dp/B00ZWPPD0K/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5?keywords=Rosewill+USB+WiFi+Nano+Adapter&qid=1557973375&s=gateway&sr=8-5-fkmrnull )