My acer iconia one 10 flashes the acer logo and "powered by android". Connect power up or off

GRWatson
GRWatson Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

The tablet will not power up.  Has been charging for over 3 hours. Flashes the Acer logo and "powered by Android".

Nothing else happening.  Looks like it is stuck in a loop of some sort.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try a factory reset (you will loose all your personal data)

with tablet powered OFF

press volume UP button and power button together for about 3 seconds

then leave power button but keep pressing volume UP

once you see a menu, leave volume UP too

then choose Wipe data/factory reset

confirm

once done, select reboot

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • farooqjamal
    farooqjamal Member Posts: 1 New User

My acer iconia B1-710 when i turn it on it directly goes to boot mode and starts formating data and stucks at formatting plz help.

• IronFly
    Call Acer support service.
  • GRWatson

As a further note.  When this happens you cannot get to any screen whatsever. So it is not possible to get to settings for a factory reset.  However, I did let the battery run down to zero so that nothing showed. I then plugged in the charger and it starting to charge. Once sufficiently charged I was able to turn it on successfully.  So far, so good.

I did note that the user had many files loaded. I wonder if the 1GB memory was so fouled that is caused what appeared to be a startup loop.

• IronFly
    Startup loops normally appears when cache data is corrupted, not readable or too big.
  • Mikemacx
    Mikemacx Member Posts: 1 New User

Finally discovered the fix after banging my head against the desk. With your fingers, pry the back cover off......very easy to do. Next, unplug the battery cable located in back......wait about 30 seconds and plug back in. Turn the power button on and the device now boots as normal.

• Bharpursingh157
    Bharpursingh157 Member Posts: 1 New User
    If u can help me
  • GRWatson

I found that if you let the battery run completely down, which would stop the flashing, and then recharge it, it forces the unit into a proper restart.  Also found that the unit may be keeping many applications or history open to the point that there is not enought memory to run basic operating functions. I now clear history, etc., on  regular basis.  Seems to have worked OK.

Note that advice to use the factory reset is not feasible if one cannot get past the flashing to start with.

Good luck.

Note

• CB123
    CB123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently dropped my acer iconia one10 tablet in the bath and I left it in rice overnight I have now tried to turn my tablet on and the acer logo keeps turning on and off . What do I do ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Not a lot of easy choices there. Likely there's some corrosion or water still in there. You may have to open it up to clean the connections or finish drying it. There's also the possibility (I know you don't want to hear this) that something fried when the water first got in. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ophelia5
    Ophelia5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My Acer tablet powered by Dell will not turn on. It opens to the logo page & then breaks up into lines & powers off. The battery is not remove able so I can't unplug it.
    Please can someone help.
  • theyikes
    theyikes Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

mikemacx your soloution of removing the cover and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes work perfectly. Mine is an Acer Iconia one 6. Thanks for the help!