Acer Aspire E1-571G - The charging light and the light on the power begin blinking and stop Charging

murtaza12
murtaza12 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hey everyone,

I have had my Aspire E1-571G for about 2 years now.

Specs:

i5 3230M

12GB RAM (1x4GB) (1x8GB) - 1333MHz (upgraded from original 4GB RAM)

WD 500 GB HDD (5400RPM)

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

It's started to develop an issue while charging, every time I plug it in, it does its normal beep and the charging light turns on and the icon shows that the laptop is charging. 

After about 30 seconds, it goes beep again, telling me that the charger has been unplugged (which it hasn't), it stops charging, the charging light and the light on the power begin blinking and the laptop stops charging.

Before the issue wasn't this annoying, I had to plug the charger in at a certain angle and it would charge fine. That doesn't work anymore.

It just stops charging after 30 seconds of me plugging the charger in.

I ordered a new battery after reading somewhere that it is a battery related issue. New battery and old battery show the same results. 

What could be causing the problem here?

I did a fresh install of Win7, deleted the battery drivers from Device Manager, rebooted so they'd re-install. Nothing worked. 

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer

Hello,

Have you straightened the socket strip (DC-IN connector)? + center - strip

France
  • murtaza12
    Could you please elaborate?
    How can I do this?

I have disassembled the laptop before, just need a clear idea of what you're talking about.
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Straighten lightly this part (see attachment).

France
  • murtaza12
    I tried straightening it with a small screwdriver, I didn't apply too much pressure as I didn't want to damage the charging socket .
    After straightening them (there are actually two strips on my laptop), I reconnected the battery, made sure the laptop was turned off and connected the charger.
    The orange charging light is ON and the laptop is hopefully charging
    I will let it charge in this state for about an hour or more, once its fully charged, I'll power it on to see how it works.

Thanks so much for the help!
  • laurent_14

You're welcome

If you want to replace the cable DC-IN, I give you the part number:

Spoiler
    50.M0DN2.001 - CABLE.DC-IN.90W
    France
  • murtaza12
    I couldn't thank you enough!

Laptop seems to be charging fine now, will take note of the part number in case I run into issues again.

Smiley Happy
  • ReyKenobi
    ReyKenobi Member Posts: 2 New User

I keep my charger plugged in all the time so the battery draining isnt an issue for me. My main issue with this was the beep tone that sounds every time the charger plugs/unplugs, and I was looking for a way to rid of that.

I used the solution provided here, and straightened the pin(s). What I have noticed afterwards is that the power icon in the taskbar (Windows 8.1) still shows that the charger is plugging/unplugging every 30 seconds or so, but there is no beep tone and the LED on the front of the laptop doesn't change color from blue to orange, and this is confusing me even more. I mean, I got rid of the beep tone, so yay!, but it concerns me that the charger is plugging/unplugging every 30 secs according to windows.

P.S.: If this needs to be a separate topic, please let me know. I am new to the forums.

• miamiajones
    miamiajones Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2017
    Hello,
    I have the same problem but I can't find attachment you are talking about. Can you help me please?
  • Starscream
    Starscream Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have that issue too.does'not charging and power charging lights(orange,blue one) flashing synchronously. Anyone can help me?
  • mkbpower
    mkbpower Member Posts: 1 New User
    When İ have same problem, i replaced battery to new one, problem is solved. 571g sockets is problemless. Charger is good quality. You must change battery or test another battery from computer shop. 
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

This is an old thread. Possibly, the attachment was deleted by the system. I suggest to open a new thread.