Error installing windows Xp on my Aspire E 13 ES1-311-C4VK.Error is STOP: 0x0000007E.urgent help pls

jahir
jahir Member Posts: 3 New User

I have tried so many times to install widows xp on my  Aspire E 13 ES1-311-C4VK.Xp cd boot first time then load something.After that, it show the error:

STOP: 0x0000007E(0xC0000005, 0xF73B9D66, 0xF78D9EA0, 0xF78D9BC)

acpi.sys - Address F73B9D66 base at F73AE000, DateStamp 480252b1.

i need urgent help.

And another thing i want to that its not possible to change sata mode from achi to ide.Is this possible to change?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

why windows XP?

it's no more supported by Microsoft and other software house and it's the best OS to have viruses, rootkits and other infections.

you will also had hardware/drivers issues like acpi.sys

if you need windows XP for some old software, try using a virtual machine or buy a second hand laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

why windows XP?

it's no more supported by Microsoft and other software house and it's the best OS to have viruses, rootkits and other infections.

you will also had hardware/drivers issues like acpi.sys

if you need windows XP for some old software, try using a virtual machine or buy a second hand laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It's been a while since I played with XP, but I decided to install XP on an old laptop of mine.I got the same thing you did.

Change Sata mode to IDE mode and it will install.

• jahir

In my Bios, it only one mode in sata and that is AHCI.No Ide selection  option.......what can i do?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Don't you have this "BOOT" screen? Hit Enter and change to Legacy.

This is supposed to be an ES1-311 Bios screen

okaivo.jpg

• jahir

Thanks for replying.i have tried both Uefi and legacy...but i can't change sata mode from ahci to Ide.I think it's fixed in bios.can not changable.