Wireless Network Adapter - Num Lock

rgenge1948
rgenge1948 Member Posts: 6 New User

My Name is Roy I have a Aspire V3-572PG-56CY Laptop, I have troble getting into web pages due mostly to error or can't find the page, my wireless network adapter was replace in the last vitit to Acer and I continually keep losing my conection to the internet, does anyone have some ideas what's happening, ACER doesn't.

Num Lock, How can I keep them on all the time without pressing Num Lock

Any help I can get would be appreciated

Answers

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

If it was a Desktop you could use a Bios Setting however seeing it is a Laptop you would have to change it in your Registery... I am not sure if that is something you want to do yourself or have someone do it for you that knows how to make the changes.... Here are the steps and hope it help

First, run "regedit"

Then go to \HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

change value "InitialKeyboardIndicators" from "2147483648" to "80000002"

your done now restart and u will have NUM LOCK ON always on windows startup

Hope this helps

James

• rgenge1948

Thank you

My initial value is set at 2, I've tried resetting it to 80000002 and this does not change anything, I'm starting to think each computer has it's own set of quirks

• RevoMaxx

I am sure you did, But did you restart your computer? Sorry it could be a step overlooked...

James

• RevoMaxx

Oh also make sure it is under the right area..... Here is a Picture of the starting value on my un touched computer for testing in Win 10, Would be same for 8 and 8.1 as well...

James

Screenshot (43).png

• rgenge1948

Thank you James, this worked great for the Num Lock