XC-704 Expansion Slot & Memory Upgrade

DT_AC
DT_AC Member Posts: 4 New User

1. Expansion Slot

What is the expansion slot specification for this model as we would like to add a dedicated graphics card with DisplayPort ?

2. Memory

How many memory slots does it have on the motherboard ?

What type of memory is required ?

What is the maximum memory supported on the motherboard ?

Best Answer

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Ok, Sorry looking up the model at Kingston and a couple other sites didn't show your computer and seeing I hadn't seen any I was confused. Based on what I have found maybe a Model from other country. 

With that said it looks like it comes with 2gig DDR3L Ram and is Upgradable to 8Gig

Also looks like yours comes With 1 PCI Express x16 Slot. I am not sure with the PSU and with that slot if you would be able to upgrade to a different Graphics Card. GPU and size of case would put a huge limit on what could be able to fit... 

James

Answers

• RevoMaxx

Sorry I can't be much help. Only wonder if maybe it could be an XC703 or a XC705. I don't know of a 704 model. Not saying there isn't one I just haven't seen it. 

Maybe if you could take a Picture of the Side Panel where the label is that shows the Spec of your computer might help.

I do know that the 703 and 705 take different type of ram so any help with the model would be great.

James

• RevoMaxx
    Answer ✓

Ok, Sorry looking up the model at Kingston and a couple other sites didn't show your computer and seeing I hadn't seen any I was confused. Based on what I have found maybe a Model from other country. 

With that said it looks like it comes with 2gig DDR3L Ram and is Upgradable to 8Gig

Also looks like yours comes With 1 PCI Express x16 Slot. I am not sure with the PSU and with that slot if you would be able to upgrade to a different Graphics Card. GPU and size of case would put a huge limit on what could be able to fit... 

James

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Expansion Slots
    Mini PCI Express slots 1
    PCI Express x16 slots 1
    PCI Express x1 slots 1

Memory slots 2x DIMM
    Maximum internal memory 16 GB
    Internal memory type DDR3L-SDRAM

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer

Hello DT_AC,

RevoMaxx is right. You own a particular model.

1. Memory:
      Acer specifications: Your destop supports up to 8Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2x4Gb).
      Intel specifications: Intel N3050, N3150 or N3700 processors support up to 8Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2x4Gb).
      Here are the original memory modules:
      Spoiler
      KN.2GB07.015SODIMM.2GB.DDR3L.1600.KIN.LF
      KN.4GB0G.029SODIMM.4GB.DDR3L-1600.HYN.LF
    2. Graphic board:
      Your desktop is equipped with a PCIEx16 (V2.0).
      Here is the original graphic board (Low Profil):
      Spoiler
      DA.70511.006VGA.GT705.DDR3.1024M.LP.DVI-I.HDMI
      I don't know if your model has a power supply unit of 65 or 90W.
      About the PSUs:
      Spoiler
      KP.06501.003AC ADAPTER.65W.19V
      KP.06503.013AC ADPTOR.65W.19V
      KP.0650H.004AC ADAPTOR.65W.19V
      KP.09001.002AC ADAPTOR.90W.19V
      KP.09003.005AC ADAPTOR.90W.19V
      KP.0900H.001AC ADAPTOR.90W.19V

Note:

@RevoMaxx: Thanks for your picture and your comments in the previous topic.Smiley Wink

France
  • DT_AC
    DT_AC Member Posts: 4 New User

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

There have been several responses from forum members which has all helped me to better understand the expansion and upgrade capabilities of this particular Aspire build.

We have explored the P/N references provided and this ties it all together.

• RegCon
    RegCon Member Posts: 1 New User

Can someone confirm for the XC-705 what the PCIe slot version/speed is?  I was told on the support site, the slot for the XC-705 is PCIe Gen3, however the slot appears to be Gen2.  I'm planning to udate the BIOS to P11-B4L, but I don't have any BIOS info as to if it corrects the slot speed limit.

• Hi RegCon,

• PCIe x16 Gen 3.0
    • PCIe x1 Gen2.0
    • mPCIe Gen 2.0
    • P11-B4L is only for Linux system.
    France