windows 10 drivers for v5-471P

Does the V5-471P have drivers that work with Windows 10?  It's not listed as one of those computers compatible but there are plenty of similarly numbered V5s that are.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you update to windows 10 and let it connect to windows update, it will download automatically the latest available drivers, obvious not the Acer's one but stock drivers from manufacturers.

if you encounter any trouble on drivers, yellow exclamation marks on device manager or any windows message about drivers; you can try to google a bit to find new drivers or...ask here for help. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • colin_thames
    colin_thames Member Posts: 12 New User

Thanks IronFly

What I am trying to ascertain is whether an upgrade will go smoothly, and whether the right drivers are available.  If so, then I'll upgrade, but if there's any doubt that my laptop will be worse, then I'll stick with Win 8.1.

I'd rather not try it and hope that Windows will find drivers that work.  I am hoping that Acer has made drivers available for similar hardware even if they haven't posted it with the drivers for the V5-471P

Has anyone else upgraded their V5-471P to Windows 10 and it worked 100%?

• http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

I don't see your sytem on this list.

I am not 100% sure but it don't look like then V5-471P is Win10 Supported. Now that don't tell why but I have a few systems that are not Win10 Supported that run fine for doing the normal thigns in Windows until something want a VIDEO Driver better then the Windows one. Then it hangs and says the system needs new drivers and then I know I can't do that or play that game on them systems. It could be as easy as that. So Win10 does work for Surffing the Web, and Checking Emails and moving files over the NETWORK. Looking at Pictures and what not but not anything that would want the VIDEO drivers right. I do like 10 so they will stay on them computers I know what I can and can't do on them computers is all.

James

Edit: Looking up your sytem, It looks like it is if I found the right system. a Intel i5 CPU with Intel HD 4000 Graphics so unlesss there is something that I don't see like your WIFI card or something that isn't going to work in 10 It looks like a System that should work in 10 without any issue. Both CPU and Graphics are 10 Supported. I would try it if it don't work right or you don't like it in the end you can within 30 days revert back to 8.1..... Now the system I found says it was with Windows 8 so it could be that if you haven' t already did the Free UPdate to 8.1  you will need to do that before you can go up to 10. That is what I had to do with a Gateway NE71 that I own as well.. Free update is from Win7 and Win8.1

I have done enough upgrades to 10 I feel I could almost do them in my sleep. FAST FAST FAST on all the systems I have done besides one and it is only with 1 gig ram and once the updates are installed it works fine. But when first turned on it don't want to do anything until all updates are done. I have 2gig stick coming so that won't be an issue before long. Good Luck

Let us know how it worked out. 

James

• colin_thames
    colin_thames Member Posts: 12 New User

Thanks James

My system has a Core-i3 processor with Intel HD graphics 3000.  As you say, hopefully they should be OK.  

How about the trackpad (Synaptics), sound card (realtek HD audio). wifi (Broadcom 802.11n), DVD drive (Matsu**bleep**a DVD-Ram UJ8D2Q) and touch screen?

The laptop was a UK sourced machine.  It came with Win 8 and upgraded to 8.1

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

your cpu, VGA, sound card, wifi and DVD drive are ok.

about synaptics trackpad, i read some issues here and there but it's hardware dependant.....so must look around for someone else who updated.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    I am not 100% sure but I think the HD 3000 is the issue. I know that from what I hear 2000 and 3000 Intel HD graphics are not 10 supported. I know there are a lot of systems people are trying to sale because of not being able to run 10. Sometimes the price don't reflect the system. Right now it's important to look at the new system for running what you want. Some systems won't upgrade.

Hope this helps.
  • mgece
    mgece Member Posts: 1 New User

I'd same problem to find and install the  graphic card driver "Intel_HD_3000" to the AcerAspire V5-471P

solution is

1 Get WIN10. iso file

2 Get RUFUS which can be use and crate bootable usb disk this is the easy and fast to create

3 Create a bootable  UEFI USB  disk

4 Go to bios setting  choose bootable as UEFI secury not legacy

5 Turn enable F12 boot

6 Turn on  computer then by pressing F12 choose your USB disk

7 Finish installation WIN 10 OS

8 Update your graphic card from windows

will see all done I had done in this way after many times what I tried

Hope this can help to all Aspire V5-471p users

• YourFriend
    YourFriend Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Friend!,

I don't have any idea how to update my Acer Aspire V5-471P to windows 10, where can i see the update or do i need the Crack .Iso. Thanks for the future answer! :D
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 just download the ISO from Microsoft that matches your version (Home or Pro) and do the upgrade.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer

Does the V5-471P have drivers that work with Windows 10?  It's not listed as one of those computers compatible but there are plenty of similarly numbered V5s that are.

I've run Win-10 Pro and Home of the latest version 2004/19041.450 on an Aspire V3-571G and an Aspire 5750 etc for years with Intel CPU, HD-3000 and HD-4000, WiFi, BT Sound etc and all worked 100% and no problems with any drivers updates.

I suggest that you make sure that you have the MAX RAM that the V5-471P can take, which is up to 16GB at speed of DDR3L-1600 SODIMM/DDR3 PC3-12800 and a good SATA 3 - 6Gb/s 2.5 inch SSD drive upgrades for your V5-471P, which will help you considerably in the ease of Win-10 operation and boot, otherwise it will run like a slug with a spinner HDD and its OEM Intel i3 CPU, spinner HDD and 6GB of RAM, just my suggestion.

• Jer_471P
    Jer_471P Member Posts: 5 New User
    IronFly said:

if you update to windows 10 and let it connect to windows update, it will download automatically the latest available drivers, obvious not the Acer's one but stock drivers from manufacturers.

if you encounter any trouble on drivers, yellow exclamation marks on device manager or any windows message about drivers; you can try to google a bit to find new drivers or...ask here for help. Smiley Happy

Good morning Ironfly,  I recently updated my Aspire V5 471P to Win10 and things worked fine, except Sound does not work!  Device Mgr shows sound devices are o.k., but can not get any sound at all.  Have tried uninstalling driver, reinstalled, but no luck.  It's just a High Definition Audio Device, driver version: 10.0.19041.264.
    Do you know if there is a fix for this?

Jer.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Double check that you have the Realtek drivers installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.