Iconia W700: Bluetooth keyboard not detected in Windows 10 x64

EpikYummeh
EpikYummeh Member Posts: 4 New User

I am in the process of updating all the computers in my house to Windows 10 and it has been fairly painless so far for most of the devices. However, I cannot get my Iconia W700 tablet to recognize the Bluetooth keyboard.

It is the keyboard with integrated cover, and I've followed the procedure, as stated on Acer's website, of holding the power button on the keyboard for 5 seconds to put it into discovery mode, and then adding a device from the Bluetooth device menu. Obviously the menus have new locations, but are not hard to find.

I updated the Bluetooth driver on the tablet but that did not remedy the issue. I looked around and couldn't find any mention of this problem here or elsewhere, probably since Windows 10 just launched a few days ago.

Best Answer

• EpikYummeh
    Answer ✓

Ok, so I'm not sure if the driver was actually the issue, but the Acer documentation on putting the Bluetooth keyboard into pairing mode requires you to press and hold the power button until the two LEDs on the keyboard start to alternate like on a police car.

If someone is reading this and this still doesn't allow you to pair the keyboard, then here are the steps to get the proper Bluetooth driver:

1. Open the Device Manager (right-click windows icon in bottom left)
    2. Expand the "Bluetooth" category in the Device Manager
    3. Right click the Bluetooth driver (should be the first in the list if there are multiple devices listed)
    4. Click Uninstall
    5. Restart the tablet. The Bluetooth driver will be reinstalled on reboot.
    6. Open the Device Manager again after you log in
    7. Right click the Bluetooth driver and click "Update Driver Software..."
    8. Select the option for Windows to search for the driver software.
    9. An update should be downloaded and installed.
    10. Now repeat the pairing steps detailed above, and you should see an option to pair the keyboard appear in your Bluetooth settings.

I've subscribed to this thread so if anyone has a problem, just reply and I will try to help you sort it out.

Answers

• remw700
    remw700 Member Posts: 3 New User

same problem here! 

• EpikYummeh

As a workaround I'm currently using the provided USB cable and a USB splitter so I can use the keyboard and a mouse. It's pretty infuriating that we can't even chat with Acer support if our product is out of warranty support. Every other brand I've purchased from provides lifetime support.

• remw700
    remw700 Member Posts: 3 New User

frustrating! maybe somebody else can give us a solution. Iconia w700 can't find any bluetooth device with the new windows10.

• jmp9678
    jmp9678 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi

I got the same problem, but found a simple solution

Go to Device manager, expand the bluetooth part, right click on something called "Generic Bluetooth Module" (or something like that) and select "update driver"

Choose to find an updated driver online, Windows will search and find an update.

After that, bluetooth is working again on my W700 in Windows 10 !

• EpikYummeh
    Answer ✓

Ok, so I'm not sure if the driver was actually the issue, but the Acer documentation on putting the Bluetooth keyboard into pairing mode requires you to press and hold the power button until the two LEDs on the keyboard start to alternate like on a police car.

If someone is reading this and this still doesn't allow you to pair the keyboard, then here are the steps to get the proper Bluetooth driver:

1. Open the Device Manager (right-click windows icon in bottom left)
    2. Expand the "Bluetooth" category in the Device Manager
    3. Right click the Bluetooth driver (should be the first in the list if there are multiple devices listed)
    4. Click Uninstall
    5. Restart the tablet. The Bluetooth driver will be reinstalled on reboot.
    6. Open the Device Manager again after you log in
    7. Right click the Bluetooth driver and click "Update Driver Software..."
    8. Select the option for Windows to search for the driver software.
    9. An update should be downloaded and installed.
    10. Now repeat the pairing steps detailed above, and you should see an option to pair the keyboard appear in your Bluetooth settings.

I've subscribed to this thread so if anyone has a problem, just reply and I will try to help you sort it out.

• faheemum
    faheemum Member Posts: 1 New User

I have modified some changes to configuration file before installation. Now work 100%. never stopped for 1 sec.

• Lynnstar
    Lynnstar Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem  here too.

• Zeayap
    Zeayap Member Posts: 1 New User

Turn on bluetooth on your tab and keyboard. Make sure the tab's bluetooth is discoverable. 

Click Fn and the bletooth icon on the keyboard while the device pairing screen appears on the tab. Wait until the PAIR button appears on your tablet. 

Pair and enjoy!

• HEAVEN75
    HEAVEN75 Member Posts: 4 New User

I had this same problem but was solved this aftrnoon...try doing this:

1. go to change pc stting

2. click pc and devices

3. click bluetooth...switch it in

pair it with the acer keyboard by pressi.g function key and bluetooth key at the same time for 5 second.

In my case, it was a success