Acer Chromebook C7 won't turn on!

mukat
mukat Member Posts: 3 New User

My chromebook one day got stuck on the developer screen, then another day it just turned off. When I try to power it on, the power button turns blue for about ten seconds with a black screen and the just shuts off again. Is the hardrive dead? Can I fix it? Please Help!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    You may try the recovery steps in the below mentioned weblink

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• mukat

I made a recovory SD card and plugged it in but it just stays frozen on the "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert recovery USB stick" screen. :/

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Are you following the instructions in that third link above (pressing the keys while powering on)?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mukat

Yes, it is on the screen with Chrome OS is damaged or missing, and then i put in the sd card (i downloaded all the things on to it) and then it does nothing, nothing at all.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Developer/Recovery mode should happen efore you get to the error screen, so maybe you're not getting all three buttons pressed at the same time? If you are then I'm afraid your next step is to Acer for repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mychellegrace
    mychellegrace Member Posts: 1 New User

I've been without my Chromebook c7 for 3 days and with all the googling in the world could not figure out why my computer wouldn't turn on. Funny thing is, nowhere in the chrome os recovery does it state to press ESC and refresh then power! Tried it and after facing 3 days with 10 second blue light and the black screen of death, it came back on. I was about to throw in the towel and buy a whole brand new computer and even thought of switching to Windows. That was definitely a close one, thank you!