Does Acer Aspire V3-572G-54S6 Notebook support PCMCIA?

Options
shyhockeyboy
shyhockeyboy Member Posts: 3 New User

I want to know if  Acer Aspire V3-572G-54S6 Notebook supports PCMCIA?  If not what are the alternatives?

I need to get a real parallel port for my laptop. I need it for programming computer chips. Most tools use real parallel port not the printer parallel port. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

You would need a PCMCIA slot, which you don't so, no it doesn't

• shyhockeyboy
    Options

What can I do to get a real parallel port for the laptop? Any USB solutions?  The reason is I need to find some way to be able to program my chips. The programmer chip requiers communication via a real parallel port. 

• shyhockeyboy
    Options

I need a real parallel port. The ones suggest I already have them and it's a printer parallel port. This isn't a full blown real true parallel port. I need a true real parallel port for my chip programmer to work.

The ones online for laptops are $100 bucks to buy a PCMIA card. The problem this laptop doesn't seem to have any additional ports.  Or card slots. I know there's an empty cd / dvd rom drive area. 

Any USB solutions?    I need something like this: https://sewelldirect.com/QuatechParallelPCMCIACard.asp

keywords "fully supports the IEEE 1284 EPP standard and functions exactly like a computer's native parallel port"

The ones suggested above this post is what is called printer ports. It's not a fully parallel port. I bought this recently thinking it would work. Then tried it and it didn't work. Talked to an engineer and he told me that those ports are onlyfor printers. You need a real parallel port. He showed me cards online for laptops. Then said he suggest that I just buy a board for my desktop computer which are around $10 to $20 for a card. Told me to use the desktop machine. The laptop method will cost $100 or so...

However, the laptop I have above seems to not have any aditional ports. So, it looks like I am stuck using my old windows xp machine.