Hello, Aspire V3-571G-6407 keeps beeping!

erginakif
erginakif Member Posts: 8 New User

Hello, I own an Aspire V3-571G-6407 which recently updated itself to Windows 8.1.Last night it suddenly started beeping, as it charges itself on and off. The level of the battery is 100% but I cannot keep the laptop plugged in anymore at this level, as it keeps beeping with the screen getting slightly darker and then beeping with the screen getting bright again every 10-15 seconds. I never had this issue before. I spoke to a Windows techical support but they claim this is not a Windows issue but a manufacturer's problem. I removed the battery and plugged the laptop cord in and it works just fine. Also, once the battery is at 100%, and I unplug the cord with the battery plugged in, the beeping stops but, of course that is because the power cord is unplugged. What causes this annoying beeping and will I be able to use my laptop with the power cord plugged in even if the battery level is at 100%? (I am currently charging my laptop and it is at 97% with no beeping. The beeping only starts at 100%.)

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I think you might have a problem with the battery. On battery only, how fast does it discharge? Fast?

• erginakif

I don't know. Never had to use it unplugged before, but then again, i have hardly used this laptop even though I bought it about two years ago. I'll let you know about the battery life when I test its life.

• philetus

Has it basically been plugged in for two years with the battery in it?

• erginakif

Only when I use it. The other times I unplug the cord of the laptop (or any other device not being used at the time.)

• erginakif

The battery life, when unplugged, is just fine. About 3 hours.

• philetus

In Advanced Power Settings set Enable adaptive brightness to off and see if it helps.

"screen getting slightly darker and then beeping with the screen getting bright again every 10-15 seconds"

This sounds exactly like what it does on battery when you unplug the power supply and replug it.

With the power supply connected it should not do this unless the power supply is going off and on.

It would be helpful if you could try another power supply.

• erginakif

Is the power supply the same thing as the battery? I'm a little illiterate when it comes to techincal stuff. Would it help if I reinstalled the battery drive and how do I do that?

Thanks.

• philetus

The power supply is the thing you plug into the wall and the laptop.

• erginakif

Thanks for clarifying that. I did use the power supply without the battery bein plugged in and the laptop kept running smoothly. If there were a problem with the power supply, the laptop (with no battery to back it off) would have turned itself off, no?

• philetus

Yes, it would turn off. 

• erginakif

So we ruled out the power supply as a source of the problem. I suspect something went wrong at the Windows 8.1 upgrade.

• erginakif

Wouldn't that delete all my current files?

• philetus

Yes, it will delete everything. You should save all your files to a USB drive. Are you at the latest bios?

Windows search Systen Information/ Bios Version/Date?

Newest UEFI for Windows 8

BIOSAcerBIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)
    Update F2 function for the scenario "End-user shutdown and then power on the system based on Win8/Win8.1"
    2.214.0 MB2014/01/27Download
  • larsmalou
    larsmalou Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop, Windows 8.1:

I have the same annoying problem. When my battery is fully charged (100 %) the AC power disconnects (and makes a beep sound and a screen flash). Then the battery powers down (with the AC power connected) to 97 %. Once reaching 97 % the battery starts recharging (makes a beep sound and a screen flash) until it again reaches 100 %. And the cycle continues on and on: beep/screen flash! – battery power down – beep/screen flash! – battery power up – beep/screen flash! Really really annoying. I bought a new power supply – did not solve the problem. Help any one.

• samuraix221
    samuraix221 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey i have the same problem its really annoying. It was working well before i updateed it to windows 8.1