ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 - Password problems

fuctifino
fuctifino Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives

Hello and HELP !!

Is there anybody with any idea on how to get past the password lock screen on the above computer ?

Nothing sinister - just a forgotten password. I bought one for the wife for her birthday but have been unable to show her how to use it because i forgot the password i used on set up.

Hoping for help

thanks

Answers

• Spartan1
    Spartan1 Member Posts: 36

Tinkerer

You have several options...

Do you have another user logon on this laptop?  If yes, log on with that user, then create a new account for your wife, and copy over the data from the old user to the new account.

If no other user, then either find someone with Microsoft DaRT software which includes an option to reset the password, or you will have to do a complete restore back to manufacturer's defaults.  Think you get to that by holding the <Alt> key then hit <F10> key whilst machine is booting up immediately after switch on.

Hope that helps...

• Hi,

Check this steps here: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27003/kw/reset%20windows%208,. this will help to reset the unit,. Cheers
  • Matt_Cookie3
    Matt_Cookie3 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi,  I have just had the same issue.
    I have followfolall steps above and never get an option to factory reset? Can you helph