Acer aspire 5750g RAM upgrade

navysealgr
navysealgr Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello, i want to upgrade the RAM of my laptop (now it is 4gb). i saw that the 4gb RAM runs at 667MHz ( 4gb- 1 memory slot)

1)in which speed should i buy RAM? in 1066MHz, 1333MHz, 1600MHz or it doesnt matter???

let's say i buy 1 4GB RAM at 1066MHz,

2) can the 4GB and 4GB RAM run at different speed? for example the 1 4GB RAM at 667MHz and the other 4GB RAM at 1066MHz?? will there be a problem at different speeds?

3) which type of RAM should i buy? so dimm DDR3 or DDR3 SDRAM??

thank you in advance!

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Navysela, you've come to the right place, but we need more information. Can you give us the full model number of your laptop?

Additional RAM must be identical to all the other RAM.

• navysealgr

it's the acer aspire 5750g with windows 7, i5-2430 2,4GHz and nvidia geforce 540m

so you mean that i must have 8GB RAM in same speeds and not in different...

hope i helped you find and understand the model i have because i cant find more details in the laptop's options.

• Vince53

Navyseal, it took me while to find out that your rig can be expanded up to 8 gigs of RAM. Often, in new machines, the RAM chips don't have to be the same speed; the slowest speed will be the one they all use. Since your original RAM is slower than the others, that's the fastest you can go.

However, we get posts on a regular basis from people who installed similar RAM and couldn't get it to work. I still advise you to try to get identical RAM.

• navysealgr

thank you very much for your help! i will buy as you said 1 identical RAM 4GB in order to be expanded to total 8GB and then i will decide whether to replace and the old one or not

1 more question; have you heard any problems with the operation of the laptop when RAM is increased? As you know, when you try to boost sth's performance with upgrades and upgrades, in the end you face many many problems.

Is it safe to upgrade the RAM or not??

I bought my laptop before 1,5-2 years so i think it can characterised as new Smiley Happy

• navysealgr

you forgot to answer ----> 1066MHz or 1333Mhz or 1600 for this laptop?? because i saw 1 thread that told that only 1066mhz supports...

• Vince53

I can't recall anything specific on your laptop. Most people who upgrade their RAM do so with no problems. Often, if you buy your RAM through a reputable computer shop, they will install it for free.

• Psiloc
    Psiloc Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello friends,

I own an Acer Aspire 5750g Intel i5 2.3GHz with 4GB ram (i guess its a DDR3 1066Mhz) and nVidia GT540M with 2GB mem)

i recently found out with cpu-z that my memmory runs at 667MHz. I would like to know:

i) if it is possible to install another sodimm of ddr3 ram module (4gb) so i have a total of 8GB, 

ii) what kind of ram should i prefer?is there any compatible products for my laptop

iii) my laptop has a "Nanya technology NT4GC64B8HB0NS-CG" 4GB RAM module (PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMM). can i tune it to run at 1066Mhz or faster?

iv) why it is not running at greater speed (the ram..)

thank you for your time

This discussion has been closed.