Aspire x1700 HELP????

Options
nmanuel1
nmanuel1 Member Posts: 4 New User

Does anyone have an aspire x1700 desktop that can burn me a recovery disk??? I had to replace my HD and could not pull anything off the old one. I am stuck with a computer with no OS or original programs or drivers. I am willing to pay someone for the recovery disk!!! Acer no longer offers a recovery disc for this unit so this is why Im asking. 

Answers

• Lacedaemon
    Lacedaemon Member Posts: 43 New User
    Options

You could: Get access to another Windows computer and try this, or if you're really desperate to get back on that PC, you could try a free Linux OS.  Here are some good beginner ones:

Good luck!

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello.

Have you still got your old HDD? Maybe it will be possible to copy Recovery partition from old to new unit.

And i have question! Why pay somebody for Recovery Disk if you can buy orginal Windows 7 dvd?

Drivers you can find on Acer Download Page, Orginal Programs you can download.

Ok lets trye first copy your hide partition (if you still have your old HDD off CourseSmiley Happy)

Wait on answear.

• nmanuel1
    nmanuel1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I don't have the old HD. It was recycled when I replaced it. I was able to get a copy of windows XP running on my aspire and seems to be running just fine. The drivers were a bit of a challenge to find because Acer only offered the drivers for the OS that came with the aspire x1700, which was Vista. I have everything working with the correct drivers so I am pleased. I want to upgrade to Windows 8 but am afraid of compatibility issues. Im just tired of messing with this PC. Thanks for your input.

• tom85
    tom85 Member Posts: 257 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello m8.

Good you have running pcSmiley Happy As a Windows 8, this system has a lot of problems with running and also big problem with drivers, So for a moment it will be better to stay with Windows xp or upgrade it to Windows 7.

Like i say, you can download  Windows Home Premium from p2p and putt your Key. But you must download same copy windows like you have on lable.

This discussion has been closed.