Acer Iconia Tab A100 Won't Boot Anymore

2»

Answers

• faytleingod499
    faytleingod499 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everyone. My roommate had the same issue. I took it apart (don't do this if you're warranty is in effect and/or you are not experienced with electronics), and discovered after some troubleshooting of the power connections that a small connection under the power button had become disconnected. It is a small connection that snaps in unlike normal ribbon cables that slide into their connectors. My roommate had dropped it a few times so it probably came loose due to the numerous shocks. His screen did not come one or respond to plugging it in since the connector was probably related to the startup functions. I am posting an image which shows you the location of this connector. Hope this helps.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• MaxM
    MaxM Member Posts: 2 New User

I had same issue, I found is a problem with internal memory. Acer should use a better quality components. Only way to fix is to spend $140 to ship +repair to have it fixed..

Next time.. avoid ACER.

• maggie0720
    maggie0720 Member Posts: 5 New User

Did you find out what the cost of the motherboard was going to be for your client?  My Acer won't boot up and I am trying to download the os with a micro sd card

• einfach
    einfach Member Posts: 1 New User

what impress me more, is that all these complainnig are on their own website .....are they deaf !!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.