Acer Ferrari F-20 Monitor OSD problem

Options
dschear
dschear Member Posts: 1 New User

I am the original owner of an out-of-warranty Acer Ferrari F-20 PC Monitor Mfg Dec 2005. The unit is in perfect physical condition. Just recently the OSD, specifically "Volume Adjust" appears in the lower third center of the screen within 5 minutes from powering on. The only way I can get it to go away is to press & hold-in either the "Power" "Menu" or "Auto" buttons on side of unit. However, I can not access any of the functions pressing those buttons AFTER the intial OSD malfunction. For a temporary fix, I've jammed a wooden toothpick in between the chassis & the "Menu" button replicating my finger holding it pressed fully in. I suspect this is a faulty power supply capacitor issue but since my unit is long out-of-warranty, Acer Tech Support will not address my questions without payment. I would greatly appreciate any assistance from this forum as to how I might diagnose and fix this problem without going through the great expense of a certified tech. The monitor looks absolutely gorgeous, even superior to many newer "full HD" models on today's market. Thanks so much for your time & help!

Answers

• vtrudell
    vtrudell Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm having a similar issue with my eMachines eView17f2.....the OSD is stuck on right in center of screen...just started happening yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.