Acer Care Center keeps automatically closing after a few seconds in Acer Aspire 5

Options
kgm1973
kgm1973 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5, running Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit (version 22H2, build 22621.819). It's TOTALLY updated, too. Last night, I downloaded the MOST RECENT version of the 'Acer Care Center', right from Acer's site. It encountered an issue, where it would load up & was still initializing. I read other posts about people having that issue, and I fixed that. However, each time I start the 'Acer Care Center' now, it automatically closes after a few seconds. I tried ALL of the fixes suggested from the 'Acer care center service is still initializing' thread (here):

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/587667/acer-care-center-service-is-still-initializing/

From page 2 of that thread, I also tried the .vbs file (which worked), but it STILL closes after a few seconds (pre AND post-reboot). I also tried the Task Scheduler suggestion (near the bottom of page 2), and I can't get that to work, either. I'm using my Administrator account & password. Once I click OK, it prompts me with:

"Task Scheduler cannot apply your changes. The user account is unknown, the password is incorrect, or the account does not have permission to modify the task."

Has anyone found any other way(s) to get the 'Acer Care Center' running properly? I'd REALLY like to utilize the battery management features in it (i.e., leave my laptop plugged it, but NOT have the battery go past a certain charging percentage -- as I know it's bad to have it @ 100% CONSTANTLY). I COULD remove the battery, but I wouldn't want to chance it (i.e., if any power outages could cause operating system issues). Although the 'Microsoft Store' also contains 'Acer Care Center', it's limited (and doesn't have ANY battery options).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/assistance with this!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options

@kgm1973

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.. 

Try windows x

click on power shell admin or command prompt admin 

type rstrui

chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fine  

click on next, finish, yes

It will restore your computer to an earlier date 

if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close 

It will show you all the icons..

Try and check whether it is working now ..

If it is still not working . .

Try windows + r - on run - type appwiz.cpl

remove the acer acer center

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers  - application

Install the acer care center

It should work fine .

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• kgm1973

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, William_mk2

THANKS SO MUCH for your PROMPT response!

I tried your 2nd suggestion:

"Try windows + r - on run - type appwiz.cpl

remove the acer acer center" , etc.

I rebooted, went back to support.acer.com , and then downloaded & installed it again, plus rebooted. (Come to think of it, I also tried that twice last night -- and STILL had the same issue). After I rebooted, I ran it again -- and it STILL closed after a few seconds! HOWEVER, I opened it again, clicked around on a few icons (like I did the last few times) -- and it DID stay open this time! 😁 NOW, I was FINALLY able to get to the 'Battery Charge Limit' setting & enable it. THANKS A ZILLION!

( Although I plan to run off AC power, I think it's STILL a GOOD idea to leave the battery in the laptop. I've heard that if you run ONLY on AC power with NO battery, a power outage could NOT only cause lost work, but also operating system issues. 😮 So, I figure a "best of both worlds" approach is probably the BEST option. 😉)

• William_mk2
    Options

@kgm1973

I understand you say "UPDATE: I FINALLY got it to work! 😁 "

I am glad it is working fine

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• kgm1973

Tinkerer

Options

Unfortunately, it's acting up again (after I rebooted a little while ago). 🤔 I only had 1 System Restore point available, BEFORE I INITIALLY installed 'Acer Care Center' (probably since I've only had this laptop for BARELY 2 weeks). At least the battery, even POST-reboot, is staying @ 79% (so I know that the 'Battery Charge Limit' setting is still working -- and I'm VERY happy with that). I'm not sure what else I can do. HOPEFULLY, Acer will get this utility to work PROPERLY in the next update (and hoping it's soon, for EVERYONE's sake). 😉

• kgm1973

Tinkerer

Options

AHA! I got it to behave again this time! I added a .vbs file the other night ( from page 2 of: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/587667/acer-care-center-service-is-still-initializing/ ) -- and I didn't realize that my antivirus (BitDefender) was actually preventing it from running. I went in BitDefender & added an exception for that .vbs file, uninstalled 'Acer Care Center', rebooted, reinstalled it & it's working FINE again now! 😁