How do I get a replacement backlight for my Extensa 4420?

My screen went dark on my Acer Extensa 4420 this evening after the screen had been sort of flickering about fifteen minutes.  I could still see the mail page there but it was too dark to actually do anything with it.  I believe I need to replace the backlight, but can anyone tell me where to get one or if it is possible to do just the backlight?  I was thinking about just getting a new screen.  Would that take care of the problem or is it something in the mother board.  I can use the computer, but when it comes to fixing them, I am a totally lost person.  Thank you to anyone that can assist me with this problem.  I am disabled and the laptop is my reading source and my only mode of entertainment, as I do not leave my house very often.

Best Answer

• Acer-TravisAcer-Travis Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Accepted Answer

The issue could be with either the invertor board or the backlight.

Compatible inverter part numbers are:

19.TCBV1.001

19.TK501.001

19.TK501.002

Compatible screen part numbers are:

LK.14105.018

LK.14106.011

LK.14106.014

LK.14108.010

LK.1410D.016

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-TravisAcer-Travis Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    Accepted Answer

The issue could be with either the invertor board or the backlight.

Compatible inverter part numbers are:

19.TCBV1.001

19.TK501.001

19.TK501.002

Compatible screen part numbers are:

LK.14105.018

LK.14106.011

LK.14106.014

LK.14108.010

LK.1410D.016

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online831

Acer-Erick
Acer-Erick
Acer-Samuel
Acer-Samuel
Drewt
Drewt
JackE
JackE
Josuéx
Josuéx
LuizGabriel
LuizGabriel
moef16
moef16
rleiva
rleiva
SidiJr
SidiJr
StevenGen
StevenGen
yaj
yaj
+820 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• By Acer-Ingrid -
    3D Artist Catelloo invites us to meditate on his #ConceptDo creative process when making his most recent animation ‘Donate’.When ConceptD approached me to create a 3D looping animation with the (Read more…)
    0 29

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1118

Total Points:3897

Total Accepted Answers: 153

Leostat High-End Contributor