Extensa 5620z RAM upgrade

Options
geraldkhunt
geraldkhunt Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello-

I am trying to upgrade my Extensa 5620Z from 2GB to 4GB.  Everytime I boot it with the new RAM in, I get a blue error screen saying that Windows cannot boot.  Any suggestions?  Please help!

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Gerald, there are different versions of your laptop, but two reviews said that it holds a maximum of 2 gigs of RAM. If you removed the original RAM, you might be using an incompatible RAM stick. Also, there is more than one type of DDR2 RAM you can use, but you cannot use DDR3.

But if your rig can hold more than two gigs, please post the entire model number, as well as the type of RAM you used, and I'll try again.

• geraldkhunt
    Options

Vince-

Thanks for the reply.  It is Extensa 5620-4020, Model # MS2205.  I am trying to use two sticks of 2GB DDR2 SODIMM 667 RAM, which are not working, as I said before.  Le tme know what you think.  Thanks!

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Gerald, the good news is that you can put a maximum of four gigs of RAM into your machine. Do you have the original RAM stick? If so, check to see if it is identical to the type you are using now. If it is, I can only recommend that you take it to a repair shop.

• geraldkhunt
    Options

Good to know.  I wouldn't be surprised if the RAM was the wrong type.  Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.