AHCI mode on Acer Predator Triton 300 PT315-52 Laptop

eelzmartian
eelzmartian Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops
Hey all. Trying to switch over to Pop!_OS. Need my laptop, an Acer Predator Triton 300 (PT315-52) to be in AHCI mode to do this. However when I go into BIOS, and hit [🪟 key + R] or [Ctrl + S] both do nothing for me. How to get unstuck. I bought this laptop in better financial times, and I currently don't have the money for a copy of Windows (did a hard reset after a breakup instead of looking through all the photos we had together backed up, didn't realise I'd need a physical copy) 

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    See if the VMD or RST mode change option appears in the MAIN folder after setting msconfig to boot safe mode only.  Press Ctrl+S again.

Jack E/NJ

• eelzmartian
    Oh I forgot to mention, BIOS version 1.06.
  • JackE
    Then please post phone photo BIOS information folder.

Jack E/NJ

• When accessing the bios, press the f1 key to access the advanced menu. Then go to main tab, press ctrl+s and disable vmd controller. If windows 10 is installed, before disabling vmd controller, enable safeboot through msconfig, to avoid blue screen problems.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • eelzmartian
    Aight hosses and bosses I got it to give me an option to turn the disc into AHCI. How? Don't quite know. Lot of repeating the same steps over and over and hearing the "Woosh" start up sound until the people I lived with asked what I was doing and I realised I could turn it off. 🤡
  • JackE
    Before changing mode, start Windows normally. Press WIN+R. Enter 'msconfig'. In the boot tab, checkmark Safe Boot mode. Exit and shut down Windows normally.

Turn machine back on and immediately tap F2 to enter BIOS menu. Change RST to AHCI --- or simply disable VMD  --- press F10 to save settings and exit to boot into Windows safe mode. Safe mode will automatically load the AHCI drivers.

Then press WIN+R again. Enter 'msconfig' again. Uncheck the box for safe boot in the boot tab. Shut down Windows safe boot normally. Turn the machine back on and allow Windows to start normally in AHCI mode.

Jack E/NJ

• Following JackE's suggestion. After enabling safeboot, access the bios and then press the f1 key to access the advanced menu. Go to the main tab, press ctrl+s and disable this function:
    Predator Titon 300 PT315-53 Windows 10 no detecta SSD  Acer Community

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)