microphone is not working

Options
uditha1998
uditha1998 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2022 in Windows 11
my microphone is not working. What can i do for that?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You haven't given us nearly enough info to possibly help... What computer do you have? What microphone are you using? What audio input device do you have selected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You haven't given us nearly enough info to possibly help... What computer do you have? What microphone are you using? What audio input device do you have selected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited July 2022
    Options
    uditha1998

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

click on start - settings - system – sound – You will see  chose your output and input device 
    On the " chose your output device "  - chose headset or speakers as you desire..
    On the "chose your input device" - click on drop down menu - chose microphone as the input 

On type here to search on the lower left corner 
    type microphone privacy 
    go to microphone privacy settings on the top
    check whether  Allow access to the microphone on this device is on 
    If it is off - click on change and turn it on

Allow apps to access your microphone is on 

Scroll down - chose which microsoft store apps can access your microphone
    check the apps escpecially zoom, skype , camera to on

Allow Desktop apps to access your microphone to on

It should work fine ..

Please use the link for reference purpose 
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-windows-10-upgrade-issue-internal-microphone-not-working/

Try the same headset with a different computer and check..     Try a different headphone with microphone on this computer and check to isolate the issue. 

Please go through on the details given below for better understanding.. 

Kindly follow the details from link 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• camila89
    camila89 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Hi, If you're worried about the audio issue in Windows 10 then I will recommend you to check the below methods -

METHOD 1- Make Sure The Microphone Is Turned On

METHOD 2- Double-Check Physical Connections of the microphone

METHOD 3 – Troubleshoot Sound Problems

METHOD 4 – Check Your Microphone Driver Windows 10 

METHOD 5 – Disable Audio Enhancements

Check the above methods to make sure that your microphone issue is fixed. To fix the audio driver problem, try Advanced Driver Updater. This software will help you to fix any driver-related issue. To know more about it, check out this blog - https://wethegeek.com/best-driver-update-software/

• uditha1998
    Options

once i updated the driver the microphone is displayed like this

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @uditha1998

You can try to reinstall the microphone drivers to check if that makes any difference.

If that doesn't work then you can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• billsey
    Options

Re-enable those two that are turned off. The array only uses the various potential hardware mics, so if they are off the array won't find them.

• uditha1998
    Options

my device is acer swift 3.inbuilt microphone is not working.but when i connected separate usb sound card that also working well. When i connected external microphone that worked well. Normal audio sound is working properly.

• billsey
    Options

There have been hundreds of different Swift 3 models over the years and the different locales. We really can't provide much help without knowing which one you have. The model number should be something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx and is usually located on the same sticker as your serial number.