Acer B3-A30 tablet stuck in bootloop.

3060PlayZ
3060PlayZ Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
Hello! So I have an Acer B3-A30 tablet which is stuck in a bootloop.
Basically, one day I was using it just like regular and it crashed, the touchscreen didn't respond at all when it crashed.
I rebooted it and it got stuck on the boot logo. I only can get it only to boot into fastboot mode and not recovery.
I am running without any modifications on locked bootloader.
I have tried to do everything to fix it but it didn't work.Is there any way I can fix this tablet?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    My guess is the storage is in failure mode. The system is doing lots of retries for each drive access and that's what is taking so long. The solid state drives on these older Android tablets aren't terribly robust in the long term, and not worth repairing when they fail.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Can you find a battery pack disconnect pinhole? Probably on the sides with a battery symbol since the specs don't show it for this tablet.

Jack E/NJ

• 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:
    Can you find a battery pack disconnect pinhole? Probably on the sides with a battery symbol since the specs don't show it for this tablet.
    No, there is no battery pack disconnect pinhole, but I can open it up if needed.
  • 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:
    It won't boot up into recovery. Only fastboot mode.
  • JackE
    >>> there is no battery pack disconnect pinhole, but I can open it up if needed>>>

OK. Open it up. Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Press and hold the power button for about a minute. Wait another hour or so before reconnecting the battery. Then button it back up. Try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:
    >>> there is no battery pack disconnect pinhole, but I can open it up if needed>>>

OK. Open it up. Disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Press and hold the power button for about a minute. Wait another hour or so before reconnecting the battery. Then button it back up. Try it again.

Didn't work. I tried it 2 times.
  • 3060PlayZ
    Alright after some time, it goes into the shining acer logo. Ill give it some time.
  • 3060PlayZ
    edited July 2022
    When opening it up it had a weird smell.
    Probably dust.
    But it only happens when its on.
  • 3060PlayZ
    Nope, it shut off.
  • 3060PlayZ
    Guess what. I held the power button as you instructed as you instructed me in your first answer and left my tablet for an hour, then it made its way half-way through the recovery menu. It's like if the battery can't provide enough power for it.
  • JackE
    >>>Guess what. I held the power button as you instructed as you instructed me in your first answer and left my tablet for an hour, then it made its way half-way through the recovery menu. It's like if the battery can't provide enough power for it.>>>

Why can't  you leave it plugged in?

Jack E/NJ

• 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:
    >>>Guess what. I held the power button as you instructed as you instructed me in your first answer and left my tablet for an hour, then it made its way half-way through the recovery menu. It's like if the battery can't provide enough power for it.>>>

Why can't  you leave it plugged in?

I accidentally unplugged it. Gonna give it another go tommorow and update you.
  • JackE
    Might have to go thru the discharge routine again. Sounds like your battery might not be able to deliver the watts or amps needed anymore to keep it on when under moderate loads.

Jack E/NJ

• 3060PlayZ
    JackE said:
    Might have to go thru the discharge routine again. Sounds like your battery might not be able to deliver the watts or amps needed anymore to keep it on when under moderate loads.
    I also think so. If it wasn't a hardware issue then why would recovery take so much time to turn on. Anyways, gonna try again tommorow.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    My guess is the storage is in failure mode. The system is doing lots of retries for each drive access and that's what is taking so long. The solid state drives on these older Android tablets aren't terribly robust in the long term, and not worth repairing when they fail.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 3060PlayZ
    billsey said:
    That might be the case. I don't want to spend money on fixing this tablet too. 
  • 3060PlayZ
    If it gets to recovery, do I factory reset?
  • 3060PlayZ
    3060PlayZ said:
    If it gets to recovery, do I factory reset?

It got into recovery properly. Factory resetting....
  • JackE
    >>>>Factory resetting.... >>>

Don't pull the plug! :)

Jack E/NJ

• 3060PlayZ
    edited July 2022
    JackE said:
    >>>>Factory resetting.... >>>

Don't pull the plug! :)
    It finished. Now it's stuck on the same screen again. Gonna try adb sideload now. :smile: