H6518sti wireless password

foxyloxy
foxyloxy Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

So I have added a generic wifi usb dongle and the projector is showing an Acer-12345678 type SSID but dont know the password?
Or do I need the uwa5 kit?

Answers

• Have you tried entering the password 12345678?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • foxyloxy

Tinkerer

yes - also tried the random characters that are appearing after Acer- in the SSID
  • Does it show SSID and local password on the bottom of the projector? I refer to the place that shows the serial number and model of the projector.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • foxyloxy

Tinkerer

No just serial and snid 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• foxyloxy

Tinkerer

Hmm I dont get that page - I am using a generic wifi usb dongle with the correct chipset.  Maybe i need a real uwa5
  • can you send a picture of the settings that are showing? is there a cd containing the projector's drivers and programs?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• foxyloxy

Tinkerer

Thats the problem - the projector menu does not show anything about wifi

• You said this: So I have added a generic wifi usb dongle and the projector is showing an Acer-12345678 type SSID but dont know the password?

Perhaps the password is not set. What happens when you try to connect the projector to the Acer-12345678 network without entering a password?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Try this password: 16362086

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• foxyloxy

Tinkerer

It does need 8 chars but that password doesnt work
  • Check this information:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• foxyloxy

Tinkerer

I have since found out my projector should have been supplied with a uwa5 usb wifi dongle. I bought it refurbished but from a reputable acer reseller.  Will get a uwa5 and try again but thanks for trying.
  • Have you tried resetting the projector's settings and trying password 12345678 again?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• foxyloxy

Tinkerer

Yes. From the Q&A for this projector on the german amazon website it would appear there are maybe different versions of the projector. Some have the wifi menu and some dont.
  • Maybe it only works with the original dongle. Maybe it's a proprietary dongle.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• foxyloxy

Tinkerer

I tried with the acer uwa5 dongle too
  • In the user manual that came with the projector, there is no wireless network password?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• foxyloxy

Tinkerer

no - acer support has said that the firmware does not allow the use of the wireless dongle.
  • Bizarre. Les paramètres du projecteur sont-ils similaires à celui-ci ?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer