Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-53) daisy chain 2x monitors

balobilo
balobilo Member Posts: 5 New User

is it possible to daisy chain 2x monitors Yiiama 32:9 , 34'' G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1 ?
does this laptop support it?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What do you mean by 'daisy chain'? The iiyama displays only have video input ports. The iiyama's don't have video output ports needed for daisy chaining.

If however you mean two mirrored external displays, then yes you can use a simple HDMI splitter from the HELIOS HDMI video output ports.

If you mean two independent external displays, then also yes. one display would be connected to the HELIOS HDMI output port and the other display would be connected to the HELIOS miniDisplayPort output port.

Jack E/NJ

• balobilo
    Daisy chain is a connection scheme in which several devices are connected in sequence or in a ring. like this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/72/e3/1272e34ce7bb6bb82416cc8938a1bde4.jpg

This monitor has 2xhdmi and 2xDisplayPorts and the question is if this laptop supports it. 

• JackE
    Sorry, as mentioned earlier, the iiyama's HDMI & DisplayPort ports seem to support video input only.

That means one iiyama can't pass-through PH315-53 HDMI or DisplayPort video output only to the other iiyama---even if each PH315-53 output port supports one or two sync'ed video signals.

However, the iiyamas seem to support daisy-chaining the PC's USB port activity.

Jack E/NJ

• balobilo
    JackE said:

However, the iiyamas seem to support daisy-chaining the PC's USB port activity.

does it mean that I could use USB-C port + USB Type-C to DisplayPort adapter to send signal to the second monitor? I ask about this port because HDMI is already taken. 
    Would such a configuration provide the same signal that is passed through the built-in miniDP, while maintaining the same 3440x1440 (UWQHD) resolution and 144 Mhz?

• balobilo
    JackE said:

even if each PH315-53 output port supports one or two sync'ed video signals.

Reading it as it is written, I conclude that the laptop DPort sends up to two signals, each of which will reach each monitor connected in series (assuming that Yiima supports daisy chain. ) Did I understand this correctly?
  • JackE
    (1) The USB ports are data-only. They don't natively support video signal outputs. You would need an active USB-to-video signal output converter which generally have low resolutions and/or refresh rates that aren't suitable for gaming.or graphics intensive apps.

(2) Each PH315-53 video port only supports a single video signal output.

If these responses suggest the PH315-53 and iiyamas don't meet your video daisy-chaining needs, then I suggest that you search for other models that might. i can only guess that a high end PCIe gpu card in desktop, not a consumer-grade laptop, might provide the multiple video outputs per port that you seem to want.

Jack E/NJ