Why is my ConceptD C715-71 Pro Ezel unable to get *ANY* pen pressure sensitivity in Corel Painter

ElectricImages
ElectricImages Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi folks,

So I have a brand spanking new ConceptD CC715-71.  It's the most expensive machine I've ever bought, and I kinda expect it to work pretty flawlessly as a creative tool.  But I'm trying to use Corel Painter 2020 on it, and I've noticed a couple of major issues. 
  • Firstly: there's absolutely no pressure sensitivity with this application - which is a major deal-breaker given that the whole point of spending this much money on this specific computer was so I could to digital illustration by drawing directly on the screen with the pressure sensitive stylus.  I know this is an issue with the hardware/ConceptD stylus, because I tested pressure sensitivity with my ancient Intuos 3 graphics tablet and it works perfectly; but this new laptop is supposed to be an upgrade -- and so far, it's a dud.  I've tried every possible preference and setting regarding setting up graphics pens in both Painter preferences and Windows settings, with no luck.
  • Secondly: in the process of trying to correct the above, I've found that I can't find any way to customize the buttons on the stylus for different commands. This is also a deal-breaker for creatives, as I know we want to be able to customize our stylus to work with our individual workflows... and it doesn't look like the ConceptDs will work for us.
Anyone able to help me before I post a scathing YouTube review on the ConceptD line, and send this machine back?

Thanks to anyone who can assist!

Best,
E --z__ I

Answers

• ElectricImages
    ElectricImages Member Posts: 2 New User
    Update: the stylus buttons also don't work in Corel Painter 2020.  According to the manual for the ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro, the first button should bring up a right click menu, and the second should erase.  Neither of them functions as specified.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Have you contacted Corel yet? Those certainly seem like they should be supported in their software.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dogzerx2
    Dogzerx2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2022
    I have pen compatibility problem with most if not all softwares. Zbrush I get delays (takes about 1 second to start drawing after I place pen on screen) ... Photoshop doesn't recognize the pen pressure.

In the end I purchased a Wacom Cintiq and hooked it to the Acer. I bought the expensive Concptd Acer for the pen but I can't use it. What a shame. I use the Acer as a normal notebook.