Ram frequency change aspire e15 (E5-576G-59Q9)

rocky_rif
rocky_rif Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited October 17 in Aspire Laptops
I was used my ram @ 1600mhz while i am using windows 10 after upgrade to windows 11 my ram shows 1333mhz 

I want to change my ram speed to 1600mhz back how can i change it?

Thanks in advance for the replies

Edited the content to add model name

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,837 Trailblazer
    Sorry your mainboard RAM bus seems to operate at 666.5 MHz maximum frequency, or 1333MHz for double data rate RAM. Thus a 1600MHz automatically downshifts to 1333MHz  to accomodate the mainboard bus frequency. Furthermore, the E5-576G does not meet the current Win11 compatibility requirement and does not appear on ACER's Win11 compatibility list at this link

Jack E/NJ

• rocky_rif
    edited December 2021
    JackE said:
    Sorry your mainboard RAM bus seems to operate at 666.5 MHz maximum frequency, or 1333MHz for double data rate RAM. Thus a 1600MHz automatically downshifts to 1333MHz  to accomodate the mainboard bus frequency. Furthermore, the E5-576G does not meet the current Win11 compatibility requirement and does not appear on ACER's Win11 compatibility list at this link

My mainbord bus speed can go 1600mhz i think windows 11 is the problem ok thanks for the reply
  • JackE
    >>>My mainbord bus speed can go 1600mhz>>>

How do you know this?

Jack E/NJ

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ rocky_rif
    Please mention your model name of unit 
  • rocky_rif
    JackE said:
    >>>My mainbord bus speed can go 1600mhz>>>

How do you know this?

When i am using w10 it shows 1600mhz 

Also same spec 👉 https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/642900/which-ram-speed-suits-for-my-motherboard-aspire-e5-576g-59q9
  • rocky_rif

Hi @ rocky_rif
    Please mention your model name of unit 
    Acer aspire e15 (E5-576G-59Q9)
  • JackE
    As I said earlier in this thread, your laptop  E5-576G does not meet the current Win11 compatibility requirements since it does not appear on ACER's Win11 compatibility list at this link

Since it does not meet Win11 system requirements, it's quite possible that your mainboard RAM bus will only operate 666.5MHz maximum speed under the Win11 environment or that CPU-z is inaccurate under Win11.

The SPD tab only describes the sodimm as being capable of 1600MHz. The memory tab shows that it is can only run at 1333MHz speed allowed by the mainboard bus under Win11.

If it was my laptop, I would quickly revert back to Win10 since it is NOT certified as being compatible with the current Win11 release.

Jack E/NJ

• rocky_rif
    JackE said:
    As I said earlier in this thread, your laptop  E5-576G does not meet the current Win11 compatibility requirements since it does not appear on ACER's Win11 compatibility list at this link

Since it does not meet Win11 system requirements, it's quite possible that your mainboard RAM bus will only operate 666.5MHz maximum speed under the Win11 environment or that CPU-z is inaccurate under Win11.

The SPD tab only describes the sodimm as being capable of 1600MHz. The memory tab shows that it is can only run at 1333MHz speed allowed by the mainboard bus under Win11.

If it was my laptop, I would quickly revert back to Win10 since it is NOT certified as being compatible with the current Win11 release.
    Yes that's what i think now have to move back w10 is the only solution and thank you so much for the clarification
  • JackE
    Please let us know what Win10 task manager and cpuz shows after re-installing Win10. It would be useful information to have on the ACER community forums.

Jack E/NJ

• rocky_rif
    JackE said:
    Please let us know what Win10 task manager and cpuz shows after re-installing Win10. It would be useful information to have on the ACER community forums.
    Sure i will
  • rocky_rif
    edited December 2021
    Is there any downgrade method to w10 without loosing data?

Because lost go back option in w11 so that have to do it manually 🥲
  • JackE
    If the hidden factory reset partition is still accessible and hasn't been corrupted yet by the Win11 installation, you can try the ALT+F10 cold boot method.  First check the BIOS main tab to make sure the D2D recovery option is enabled. Then shut the machine off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A reset menu should appear giving you the option of a factory Win10 reset while trying to save your personal files.

Jack E/NJ

• rocky_rif
    Still facing the same issue🤔
  • JackE
    I don't think there is an issue. Maximum bus speed indicated is 666.5MHz, so double data rate sodimms can only operate at 1333MHz maximum speed. It seems to be running fine at 666.5MHz.

However, there might be a possiibility of timing issue due to using a mis-matched pair of 1600MHz sodimm modules in a dual channel capable RAM bus. It might drop the mainboard bus speed to 666.5MHz from 800MHz to accomodate these mis-matched sodimms.

So I suggest that you setup the original factory 4GB RAM configuration by removing the 8GB sodimm and see what bus speed results. If it goes back up to 800MHz then an ideal setup would be to change the RAM to a pair of matched dual channel capable sodimms. For example, 4+4 or 8+8

Jack E/NJ

• rocky_rif
    edited December 2021
    JackE said:
    I don't think there is an issue. Maximum bus speed indicated is 666.5MHz, so double data rate sodimms can only operate at 1333MHz maximum speed. It seems to be running fine at 666.5MHz.

However, there might be a possiibility of timing issue due to using a mis-matched pair of 1600MHz sodimm modules in a dual channel capable RAM bus. It might drop the mainboard bus speed to 666.5MHz from 800MHz to accomodate these mis-matched sodimms.

So I suggest that you setup the original factory 4GB RAM configuration by removing the 8GB sodimm and see what bus speed results. If it goes back up to 800MHz then an ideal setup would be to change the RAM to a pair of matched dual channel capable sodimms. For example, 4+4 or 8+8

I tried by removing 8gb and used of stock 4gb ram but also the same results i think there is an issu with ram or hidden settings but i am dam sure mainbord can 800mzh capable. onece up i used it as 1600mhz
  • rocky_rif
    Before installing w11 i changed the boot mode legacy to UEFI is it can be a problem 🤔?
  • JackE
    Aye!!! Why did you do this???? UEFI mode must be set to password protection and secure boot disabled to make the kind of changes you made. Switching to legacy mode to make these changes to bypass UEFI secure boot has deleted or corrupted  the hidden ACER reset partition with the proprietary ACER mainboard drivers. You cannot easily get back to where you started without major risks. If your machine otherwise seems to be working OK in legacy mode, I strongly suggest that you leave it alone.

Jack E/NJ

• rocky_rif
    Now it's not in the legacy mode. i used it when i am using before installing w11.if want to install w11 i must enable secure boot so that i moved to UEFI now it's still on the UEFI not in the legacy
  • JackE
    >>>i used it when i am using before installing w11.>>>

If you were in legacy mode before installing Win11, then your machine was not running a factory-installed version of Win10.

Jack E/NJ

• rocky_rif
    edited December 2021
    JackE said:
    >>>i used it when i am using before installing w11.>>>

If you were in legacy mode before installing Win11, then your machine was not running a factory-installed version of Win10.
    Yap my lap come with Linux by default manually i moved to w10 at that time also i used my ram @1600mhz while on legacy
This discussion has been closed.