mini DP - PH315-53 was struggling to output two HDMI displays. Can someone help

rahulv
rahulv Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Laptops
I recently purchased Helios GeForce RTX 3060, PH315-53 and was struggling to output two HDMI displays.
and purchased type c to HDMI adapter but it did not work. after lot of searching i find that this laptop also has one more port which looks like mini dp but i am not sure after another purchase this will also not work. Can someone help in confirming that this port is mini DP used for second monitor display.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    rahulv said:
    I recently purchased Helios GeForce RTX 3060, PH315-53 and was struggling to output two HDMI displays.
    and purchased type c to HDMI adapter but it did not work. after lot of searching i find that this laptop also has one more port which looks like mini dp but i am not sure after another purchase this will also not work. Can someone help in confirming that this port is mini DP used for second monitor display.
    Yes the 4th right side plug is a Mini DisplayPort and yes this is an output for a monitor.

PH315-53 Right Side

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    rahulv said:
    Yes the 4th right side plug is a Mini DisplayPort and yes this is an output for a monitor.

PH315-53 Right Side

• rahulv
    Thanks a lot Steven for helping in finding out. 
  • rahulv
    i purchased a cable and it did not work.
    ordered replacement of the cable thinking cable be faulty but after replacement new also not worked.
    i checked the cable on two laptops still the same issue.
    not sure where the problem is?
  • dilipgojiya009
    dilipgojiya009 Member Posts: 1 New User

i just bought acer predator helios 300 ph315-54, facing same thing. Mini Displayport is not working.

please let me know how to make it work.

i have tried every possible way to connect external display through mini DP. but not working.

NVIDIA control panel is not showing any sign of mini DP.

TYPE C thunderbolt and hdmi is working fine.

• Pengwuin
    Pengwuin Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello did you find any solution getting the mini DP working, thanks.