Nitro 5 AN515-44 FPS drop problems

SunSetTR
SunSetTR Member Posts: 76 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I'm having FPS drop issues in many games like Forza Horizon 4. Some say it's a RAM issue. I don't have a slowdown problem due to overheating. I play the games I saved on the SSD from there. I had a FPS drop problem in Windows 10, I have a FPS drop problem in Windows 11. I am running games in high performance mode. How will I solve my problem?

Operating System: Window 11 Home
Processor: Ryzen 5 4600H
External GPU: GTX 1650 Ti
RAM: 1x8GB DDR4 CL22 3200MHz
SSD: NVMe M.2 512GB WD Blue

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @SunSetTR,

Try to run your computer in a cool place and check if there is proper airflow available at the bottom of the laptop. If the problem still persists, undervolt the CPU and the GPU. Let me know if Nitrosense did the job, if not, try undervolting. If the problem still persists, undervolt the CPU and the GPU.
  • SunSetTR
    SunSetTR Member Posts: 76 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Easwar said:
    Hi @SunSetTR,

Try to run your computer in a cool place and check if there is proper airflow available at the bottom of the laptop. If the problem still persists, undervolt the CPU and the GPU. Let me know if Nitrosense did the job, if not, try undervolting. If the problem still persists, undervolt the CPU and the GPU.
    I don't have a heating problem. Why would I do CPU and GPU undervolt? I ordered the RAM today. One channel is empty, I will add there. Maybe my problems will go away when dual channel works.

I have one more question. After clearing the TPM from the BIOS, I heard a coil humming sound for a while on the Windows desktop screen. I don't hear this coil buzz now but could it have something to do with the TPM setting cleaning? I've never heard such hum in game or on load.