Nitro 5 AN515-43-R9B3 Does Ryzen Controller void warranty?

zynapse
zynapse Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
So I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R9B3 with Supercare 2 extended warranty, with a little bit over a year left. My laptop has been running somewhat hot lately (occasionally hovers over 90c) and I can't repaste it or anything as I don't want to void the warranty. So I'm planning to lower the power limit via Ryzen Controller. Will that void my warranty?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have you cleaned the fans and replaced the thermal paste?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • zynapse
    Nope I can't since that would require me to open up the laptop in which it is still under warranty so I can't temper with the seal. That's why I'm asking if using Ryzen Controller to reduce the TDP in order to lower temperatures will void my warranty
  • zynapse
    edited November 2021

• zynapse
    Actually I'll just close this thread, I just learnt that Ryzen Mobile chips can handle really high temps as long as it isn't for too long. Thanks for your time!