Upgrading RAM to Acer Nitro 5 Model an515-44

hristijanXXXX
hristijanXXXX Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi everyone,i had Acer Nitro an515-44 8GB ,AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics  3.00 GHz and what i want to do is upgrade to 16GB or if it possible to run without any errors (i want suggest by experienced people) to put 32GB.
So , i read about a lot (i think so) about problems with XMP in Bios and stuffs like don't buy this , don't buy that...
What i want is clear suggest to buy that RAM and be sure not have any problems :) 
Thank you for you attention and advice sure :).

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi everyone,i had Acer Nitro an515-44 8GB ,AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics  3.00 GHz and what i want to do is upgrade to 16GB or if it possible to run without any errors (i want suggest by experienced people) to put 32GB.
    So , i read about a lot (i think so) about problems with XMP in Bios and stuffs like don't buy this , don't buy that...
    What i want is clear suggest to buy that RAM and be sure not have any problems :) 

The AN515-44 can take a max and total of 32GB RAM into its 2x slots (2x16GB max) up to DDR4-3200MHz at 260 pin DDR4 SODIMM and supports DIMM voltage of 1.2V. Fit only standard RAM "Do Not Put XMP" type or any overclocked RAM as it will not work! For the best compatibility guide use the "Crucial System Scanner".

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

The AN515-44 can take a max and total of 32GB RAM into its 2x slots (2x16GB max) up to DDR4-3200MHz at 260 pin DDR4 SODIMM and supports DIMM voltage of 1.2V. Fit only standard RAM "Do Not Put XMP" type or any overclocked RAM as it will not work! For the best compatibility guide use the "Crucial System Scanner".

• hristijanXXXX
    hristijanXXXX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey Steven,i read you comment and it helps me,thank you for your time.As i searched ,2 min before i found test for RAM and my pc called 'Crucial' , and i am sure that you have heard about it .So it's a page where an app check your PC and see how and what you can add on your PC.And it says 64GB is possible to put at machine like mine(Acer Nitro 5),yes 64GB....And like i scroll searching i find  Crucial SO-DIMM, 16GB, DDR4 2666MHz, CL19,and i want to have a prove from someone with experience is it worth buying this 16gb for beggining and if i want later can i put it another 16GB or 32 GB plus more ,i want to have an answer to question:Can i combine RAM memory ( in this case i had 2 slots ) and put one slot with -> 16GB -> another slot with 8GB for example.And yes is this model good to buy??
    Thank you,have a great day.
  • StevenGen
    edited November 2021
    Hey Steven,i read you comment and it helps me,thank you for your time.As i searched ,2 min before i found test for RAM and my pc called 'Crucial' , and i am sure that you have heard about it .So it's a page where an app check your PC and see how and what you can add on your PC.And it says 64GB is possible to put at machine like mine(Acer Nitro 5),yes 64GB....And like i scroll searching i find  Crucial SO-DIMM, 16GB, DDR4 2666MHz, CL19,and i want to have a prove from someone with experience is it worth buying this 16gb for beggining and if i want later can i put it another 16GB or 32 GB plus more ,i want to have an answer to question:Can i combine RAM memory ( in this case i had 2 slots ) and put one slot with -> 16GB -> another slot with 8GB for example.And yes is this model good to buy??
    Thank you,have a great day.

Look the best for you and if you want to have a total of 32GB is to get a 1x 16GB “DDR4-3200 Standard RAM” not overclocked RAM of the type recommended by Crucial. You can't combine 1x 8GB and 1x 16GB modules they have to be the sameor or just one module of memory! Also, the Crucial scan and why it recommends 64GB as total RAM is a modern scan for the latest RAM modules that are available and the max and total RAM is stated differently than Acer, this is because Crucial states the following so read their statement:

Why Does Crucial® Recommend a Higher Maximum Ram Limit for My System Than the System Manufacturer?

You may have noticed that when you check the maximum amount of supported memory for your system, that we recommend more than your system or motherboard manufacturer has listed on their technical specification. 

The good news is that this is not a mistake! On occasion you will find that due to system updates and technological advances, some hardware may be able to support more memory compared to when it was originally manufactured. At Crucial®, we ensure that the higher amount of RAM is rigorously tested and is backed by our compatibility guarantee. 

Btw and what Crucial says above, is correct as I used this scan for an older Aspire V3-571G that had a specified Acer max and total RAM of 8GB (2x 4GB into each slot) and the Crucial san recommended a max and total of 16GB (2x 8GB into its 2x slots) and it worked perfectly, so and if you want to put 64GB total its up to you but, fit the recommended Crucial RAM from the scan as I take no responsibility if it doesn’t work..

• sachinhdfs
    sachinhdfs Member Posts: 1 New User

acer nitro 5 an515-44 ryzen 5 4600h maximum ram

Is it possible to install 32+32=64 GB

• Jtuck9
    Jtuck9 Member Posts: 3 New User

No, it's not possible. Nitro 5 only supports uip to 32gb of RAM on all models.