Fan Cleaning and longevity acer 515 - 55

suayp01
suayp01 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited November 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hey guys, I bought an acer 515 - 55 rtx 3060 max q gaming laptop 4 month ago. I was wondering what might happen if i don't clean the fans? And when should I expect my laptop to start grow problems? Thank you.

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @suayp01 You can clean the laptop after about 6-12 months depending on gaming usages and the cleanliness of surrounding. You will might feel the laptop hotter than usual, fans run at maximum speed sooner, less air flow from vents, or even experience significant FPS drops.
    The fans should have longevity. Heavy dust might clog the fan bearing and stop it from spinning.(This is less likely to happen.) If this happens to you, those fans are easy for taking out and cleaning.
    Dust usually clogs the vent first before stopping the fan.
    Lastly, you will need to replace thermal paste if you are trying to clean the laptop.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    @suayp01 You can clean the laptop after about 6-12 months depending on gaming usages and the cleanliness of surrounding. You will might feel the laptop hotter than usual, fans run at maximum speed sooner, less air flow from vents, or even experience significant FPS drops.
    The fans should have longevity. Heavy dust might clog the fan bearing and stop it from spinning.(This is less likely to happen.) If this happens to you, those fans are easy for taking out and cleaning.
    Dust usually clogs the vent first before stopping the fan.
    Lastly, you will need to replace thermal paste if you are trying to clean the laptop.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • suayp01
    suayp01 Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
    ıs there any way to check my laptops ınner components health?(fans,cpu,gpu etc.) I wanna make sure my laptop rıght now ıts healthy because ı have no clue rıght now.One day ı dont wanna experience problems that ı mıght need to send my laptop to service for a long tıme.Thanks AnhEZ28
  • AnhEZ28
    @suayp01 components that you can check the condition are battery and SSD/HDD by using 3rd party software like hwmonitor or crystal disk info. Other components that you have mentioned are difficult to check or see when they are going to fail. Just keep in mind that keeping your laptop cool will make those components last longer.