Acer care center in new Acer nitro 5 (AN517-41-R3U2) loses "battery charge limit" option setting

aaccensi
aaccensi Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi, just ast the title says I set the "battery charge limit" option in the Acer care center ON, but every time I turn off/on the laptop is back in OFF.
Why is this? How do I fix it? Any help would be apreciated.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @aaccensi try to turn off Power-off USB charging in Quick Access.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @aaccensi,

The classic Control Panel will open to the Power Options section – click the Change plan settings hyperlink. Then click on the Change advanced power settings hyperlink. Now scroll down and expand the Battery tree and then Reserve battery level and change the percentage to what you want.
  • aaccensi
    Easwar said:
    Hi @aaccensi,

The classic Control Panel will open to the Power Options section – click the Change plan settings hyperlink. Then click on the Change advanced power settings hyperlink. Now scroll down and expand the Battery tree and then Reserve battery level and change the percentage to what you want.
    That setting only changes when the "reserve power mode" starts. Nothing to do with what I asked (the "battery charge limit" from Acer Care Center).
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • aaccensi
    Easwar said:
    Uh? I did not need a video of how to turn that on, my post was that the setting was being lost (went from ON to OFF) every time I shut the computer down and I had to set it ON every single time for it to work... actually @AnhEZ28 answer is what worked even though that makest it look like bug on Acer's side