Does anyone have a recovery drive made for ACER Predator HELIOS 300 PH 315-52

Denebnebula
Denebnebula Member Posts: 3 New User
Like the title says I am looking for the recovery partition that comes with ph 315-52 . Unfortunately my usb drive that I made got damaged and not working.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    Denebnebula

Inside your computer hdd, there is a place called recovery partition.    Using the recovery partition which is present on your computer hard disk drive you can always reload windows. 

You  can always  do a refresh and reset.   These are steps to do the refresh and reset .. 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove every thing

chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset  - It will be in progress

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost 

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer. 

If it is still not working you have to follow these steps to access the recovery partition. There are two alt keys on the keyboard.  If you look at the bottom row of keyboard you can see the one on the left side of space bar and the other on the right side of space bar.  The alt key on the right side will be looking like alt, alt gr or alt car.  Turn off the computer.  Hold the alt key on the left and tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode.  If it is not going to repair mode, turn off the computer.  Turn on the computer.  Hold the right alt key ( alt gr or alt car or alt )  and then tap f10 continuously.   It will go to repair mode. 

You can click on troubleshoot - reset this  pc -   It will show you keep my files and remove everything.   You can proceed with reloading of windows..

If it is still not working then please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.    You can order the recovery media through them. 

You can even order the recovery media by going to website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   On the bottom of screen you can click on erecovery media - enter the snid and order the recovery media

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Denebnebula

Unless you have used other programs that wiped out your original HDD/SSD together with the recovery partition, it should be still there. 

At bootup, while still in black screen, hold down ALT+ Fn keys and keep tapping F10 key until you see the Restore Menu.

If it is still there:

Troubleshoot->Reset This PC

• rosinante
    rosinante Member Posts: 4 New User

@ttttt what can i do if my original ssd got damaged and i had to change it and lost the recovery portion?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

If you are looking for the Windows Recovery USB flash drive with WindowsRE on it you can borrow that from another Windows user or make one with another PC (with the same Windows version), regardless of the laptop or PC model

• Puraw

Hi @rosinante

You should not post questions on other's threads, we tend to ignore those, having said that:

I recommend that you bring/send your laptop/PC to Acer Services in your country and ask them to reinstall the system on your new SSD (Service fee $25)😉

or (DIY):

You have to format and initalize (GPT) the new SSD in/connected to an external USB case/cable on another PC install that SSD in your laptop/PC and load a Windows ISO file with a bootable USB on it. Browse threads on this forum how to do that (requires experience).

• rosinante

im sorry i don't hang out in these threads alot so i don't know the etiquette

but my question is the same as the original thread which is why i though it was ok

what i want is to know the best way to get a recovery drive for my laptop after this happened

i don't have acer services in my country

i formatted and installed windows but i'm having probelms with the drivers downloaded and installed many from this site

my main problem now is predator sense which after installing doesn't work, it shows in program files folder but no matter which exe i try to run nothing happens

same issue with all acer products like acer care

• rosinante

neither he nor I are looking for a standard windows recovery usb
    this thread is for recovery drives specific for predator helios 300 containing all basic hardware drives and acer programs that usually come with the laptop

• Puraw

I suggest that you bring your laptops to Acer Services in your country and they will reinstall your system (factory settings) for a small fee ($25).