Problem with Acer Nitro 5 ANA515-57 , RAM cannot run at 3200MHZ?

RaijinRyuu
RaijinRyuu Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I've just bought Acer nitro 5 ANA515-57, it run with 8GB RAM DDR4-3200MHZ, then i upgraded 1 stick of 8GB RAM Kingmax DDR4-3200MHZ. But i have a few problems. RAM cannot run at 3200MHZ. I check with CPU-Z, it show that only 731.6 MHZ (it means 731.6 x 2 = 1464MHZ)

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

And this is information about 2 sticks of RAM i have:

And with task manager, it show me that:

It does not run at 3200MHZ. I tried to  config in BIOS but BIOS doesn't have any option to config BUS RAM

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Hi,
    Could you please remove one module and get the CPU-z readings, then replace it with the other module  and post all readings, you could also try swapping the modules and see whether it fixes the problem.
  • RaijinRyuu

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please remove one module and get the CPU-z readings, then replace it with the other module  and post all readings, you could also try swapping the modules and see whether it fixes the problem.
    I've tried this solution, but it has no change :(((
  • RaijinRyuu

Tinkerer

When i check by HWinfo, it show me like that. I think it's the same with CPU-Z, 1463.1 ~ 731.6 x2. How can i change bus RAM. I want to run the fastest RAM, at 3200MHZ :(((. Can someone help me.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    I've just bought Acer nitro 5 ANA515-57, it run with 8GB RAM DDR4-3200MHZ, then i upgraded 1 stick of 8GB RAM Kingmax DDR4-3200MHZ. But i have a few problems. RAM cannot run at 3200MHZ. I check with CPU-Z, it show that only 731.6 MHZ (it means 731.6 x 2 = 1464MHZ)

It does not run at 3200MHZ. I tried to  config in BIOS but BIOS doesn't have any option to config BUS RAM
    Your memory is running at I/O bus clock (MHz) of 1,466.50Mhz (per the specs of modules totalling 2933MHz) just like your Task Manager is showing which is at specs of the DDR4-2933Mhz type memory. The CPUz specs are wrong and the Task Manager is right, as and if your memory is running at an I/O bus at clock (MHz) speed of 731.6 MHZ like CPUz is showing? Your memory is running to the same specs as a DDR4-1600MHz module speed. Just as an example and for your information, the 10th Gen intel CPU's of the Comet Lake-H of the i7-10750H or the i5-10300H for the Nitro AN515-55 laptop, Acer recommends a max memory speed of DDR4-2933MHz, yes I know that your ANA515-57 is an 11th Gen Intel CPU but it could have the same memory speed specs as the AN515-55 as this laptop in its FRU also has recommended memory of DDR4-3200MHz for both 8GB and 16GB memory? 

What I would do, is go to the Crucial memory site and use their "Crucial System Scannerand see what your existing memory specs are? And what type of memory Crucial recommends for your Nitro 5 ANA515-57 and compare it with the memory that you have fitted and had OEM.
  • RaijinRyuu

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:

Your memory is running at I/O bus clock (MHz) of 1,466.50Mhz as your Task Manager is showing which is at specs of the DDR4-2933 as that is the max bus speed that your Nitro 5 ANA515-57 laptop bus speed is designed for, the CPUz specs are wrong and the Task Manager is right, as and if your memory is running at an I/O bus at clock (MHz) speed of 731.6 MHZ like CPUz is stating your memory is running to the same specs as a DDR4-1600MHz module speed. Just as an example and for your information, the 10th Gen intel CPU's of the Comet Lake-H for the AN515-55 laptop, Acer recommends max memory speed of DDR4 2666 to 2933MHz max.

What I would do, is go to the Crucial memory site and use their "Crucial System Scannerand see what type of memory Crucial recommends for your Nitro 5 ANA515-57 and compare as in "Channel # - Dual" mode your laptop probably can only run at DDR4-2933MHz as your "Task Manager" is showing. .
    I type wrong my name of my laptop, It's AN515-57 with i5-11400H, RTX3050, 8GB DDR4-3200MHZ.  i5-11400 support speed 3200MHZ, and stick of RAM in my laptop when i purchased is 8GB DDR4-3200MHZ.  
  • RaijinRyuu

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:

Your memory is running at I/O bus clock (MHz) of 1,466.50Mhz (per module totalling 2933MHz) just like your Task Manager is showing which is at specs of the DDR4-2933 as that is the max bus speed that your Nitro 5 ANA515-57 laptop bus speed is probably designed for. The CPUz specs are wrong and the Task Manager is right, as and if your memory is running at an I/O bus at clock (MHz) speed of 731.6 MHZ like CPUz is showing your memory is running to the same specs as a DDR4-1600MHz module speed. Just as an example and for your information, the 10th Gen intel CPU's of the Comet Lake-H the i7-10750H or the i5-10300H for the Nitro AN515-55 laptop, Acer recommends a max memory speed of DDR4-2933MHz max.

What I would do, is go to the Crucial memory site and use their "Crucial System Scannerand see what type of memory Crucial recommends for your Nitro 5 ANA515-57 and compare as in "Channel # - Dual" mode your laptop probably can only run at DDR4-2933MHz as your "Task Manager" is showing. .
    This is my userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46482253
  • Malcolm5995
    Malcolm5995 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Hey I did the same thing, I have the same model as you i.e 

Nitro AN515-57 with 8GB DDR4 3200 Mhz Pre-installed

I installed a GSKills Ripjaws 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz and I'm facing the same challenge of being stuck at 2933Mhz. Thanks for trying the swap already, saved me the effort of reopening to try a slot swap. Did you manage to figure the solution as I dont see it in the BIOS menu and i already have the latest BIOS.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,

I installed a GSKills Ripjaws 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz and I'm facing the same challenge of being stuck at 2933Mhz. Thanks for trying the swap already, saved me the effort of reopening to try a slot swap. Did you manage to figure the solution as I dont see it in the BIOS menu and i already have the latest BIOS.
    Hi,
    The speed of the memory is restricted to 2933MHz by the CPU in your system, if you have i7-10750h CPU in your system, please check the specs in my link:Intel Core i710750H Processor 12M Cache up to 5.00 GHz Product Specifications
  • Malcolm5995
    Malcolm5995 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

Hi,
    The speed of the memory is restricted to 2933MHz by the CPU in your system, if you have i7-10750h CPU in your system, please check the specs in my link:Intel Core i710750H Processor 12M Cache up to 5.00 GHz Product Specifications
    Hey Im back,
    Core i5 -11400H  is my processor
    Also just to ensure the ram I got supports 3200 because i removed the stock samsung ram and just left in the Gskillz one in and it ran just fine at 3200Mhz which means the ram is capable and the issue lies with the dual channel where it gets locked at 2933
    attaching screenshots with the ram info from cpu-z with the single channel gskills one running at 3200mhz and the 16gb with the stock one clocking at 2933Mhz.
    There is no option in the bios to unlock the ram clock or ram speed limit

• hasannurwakhid
    hasannurwakhid Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem as you at my acer an515-57 but until now I don't know the solution, have you found it?
  • Lasher
    Lasher Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the exact same "problem", so I won't bother posting almost identical screenshots (CPUz + Task Manager). Except I have a Nitro AN515-57 (it has the Intel® Core™ i7-11800H Processor with 16GB of DD4 -3200MHz (1600) RAM).

I installed an identical spec'd RAM module taking it up to 32GB and the speed in Task Manager dropped from 3200 to 2933 MHz. I checked the Intel site and my CPU supports "Up to 3200 MT/S": https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/213803/intel-core-i711800h-processor-24m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html 

More curious as to why than annoyed. Obviously it has no problem with a single SO-DIMM @ 3200 MHz but cannot do 2 x SO-DIMMs @ 3200 Mhz?
  • PACPEP
    PACPEP Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    has anyone found a solution yet, i too have the same problem being the ram clocked at 2933mhz in dual channel, i upgraded it with a kingston ram 1Rx8 module of 8gb.
    i feel like acer should release a bios update which fixes this problem, cuz this cpu is capable of handling better speeds of ram. and also did anyone notice that 8-Slots of ram bug, in reality we got only 2 of em, acer needs to release a patch to fix this and that.

Waiting for a community member to reply?

and also has this problem occurred to any previous gens of this laptop series (Nitro 5)?
  • Frodosynthesis
    Frodosynthesis Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    You are mixing JEDEC and XMP profile modules: In other words, you don't have identical RAM sticks and the mobo runs at the highest stable speed reported BECAUSE you don't have XMP enabled.
    It's generally a bad idea to mix different RAM modules in DESKTOPs. It's MUCH worse in laptops due to the limited MOBO options (OEMs like to set things how they like it so that the user can't screw things up). If you could enable the XMP in BIOS, then it would run at the 3200MHz but since you mixed two different profiles, it's running at the lower one.

Basically: Don't mix modules in laptops EVEN THOUGH they have the same timings/speeds
  • Frodosynthesis
    Frodosynthesis Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    You are mixing JEDEC and XMP profile modules: In other words, you don't have identical RAM sticks and the mobo runs at the highest stable speed reported BECAUSE you don't have XMP enabled.
    It's generally a bad idea to mix different RAM modules in DESKTOPs. It's MUCH worse in laptops due to the limited MOBO options (OEMs like to set things how they like it so that the user can't screw things up). If you could enable the XMP in BIOS, then it would run at the 3200MHz but since you mixed two different profiles, it's running at the lower one.

Basically: Don't mix modules in laptops EVEN THOUGH they have the same timings/speeds

When you install memory in a system, there is a set of standardized speeds/timings your memory will run at.
    This standard is called JEDEC.
    DDR4-2400, DDR4-2666, DDR4-2933.

Unlike JEDEC, XMP speeds and voltage are higher,
    When you purchase XMP compatible memory,
    you must have an XMP compatible motherboard and unlocked CPU
    XMP must be manually enabled in the BIOS settings.

• TOR0126
    TOR0126 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Waiting for a fix also, I am having the same problem.
  • yellow_buffalo
    yellow_buffalo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same problem with the ana515-57 model, waiting a fix from ACER
  • gundsdadada
    gundsdadada Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem with AN515-57 with i7-11800H. I used crucial scanner and the program recommend a ram for me but the result is the same as you guys 
  • Sangeeth
    Sangeeth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same Issue With my Acer Nitro 5 i5 8GB variant.
    I added new DDR4 Samsung RAM for dual channel with 3200MHz but speed reduced to 2933 MHz.
    Can't even access advanced BIOS chipset settings to change speed manually.
    I'm also an Android developer. I always require Virtualization to run my AVDs. This is also not on BIOS. I'm now feeling bad taken an Acer for my programming use cases.

ACER - Please upgrade BIOS settings for power users, Please be loyal to customer. Kindly give us update
  • Sprite71
    Sprite71 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I am having the same problem. My notebook is AN515-57, I5-11400H, RAM 8GB Samsung 3200MHz, but it works at 2933MHz! I changed my memory for Kingstone Fury 16GB 3200MHz, but it still works at 2933MHz. And even when I set two 16GB 3200MHz sticks, it still runs at a speed of 2933MHz
  • Gandown
    Gandown Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem as well, looks like this is Acer faults, they have to do something since they sell the entire laptop brand with 1 stick of 8gb ram